Please pic up the trash

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jun 3, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know I am preaching to the chroir here, as most people on the BOC pick up after themselfs.

I am sure that I am guilty for forgetting the ocassional pop can, or coffe cup.

But for the most part what I pack in I pack out.

On my way to one of my remote locations last weekend, I walked by an area that is fished hard by bank fishermen.

It looked like a family of 12 had a large picnick the day before and left everything behind...Cans, bottles, papaer towels, worm containors, at least 6 half empty tubs of chicken lives rotting, bags of snacks, you name it..

I picked up what I could and but in a 5 gallon bucket, but it would have taken several trash bags to get it all.

I dont know why people do this?

2. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Here, Here. I second that. I fished a spot from the bank a few times early this year. My buddy went back and cleared it out and made it a really nice spot. The next time I went the place looked like a trailer park after a tornado. I juct could'nt believe how thoughtless people are. We made a big fire and threw in anything burnable and packed out all the beer cans. It brought back to mind the old commercial of the indian looking at the land in it's present day state as a tear rolled off his cheek.

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Jack,
    It's because they are ignorant, stupid, selfish, inconsiderate, moron SOB's:angry:
    ...W

4. Ben Noll

Ben Noll New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm glad you brought it up.I have been thinking about a similar posting but just never got around to it.Thanks for getting it started.I fish Dillon a lot and usually put in at the Big Run Ramp just off 146.Its easy access for bank fishermen and they have every right to fish there,but the lazy bastards should have the decency to gather their trash up when they are ready to go home.Its just like the woods hunter that leaves his beer can or water bottle in the woods.I know its a lot lighter and easier to carry out of the woods than it was to carry it in.There is a large dumpster in the parking lot at Dillon so its not like they have to lug the bait container,lunch sacks or bottles a mile or two.Kinda makes you wonder what their home looks like.Please excuse my venting-but hey-I feel better now.Good fishing and be safe,.

5. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    Some people just have no respect. If I bring some trash to the water it comes back with me in a bucket.

6. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    I Said the same things in a missouri thread i started bait the bait?, EVERYTIME i go down to the river theres trash on the bank really pisses me off, It not crap thats flowed down river either. I know how my mom felt picking up after me now, Everytime i go fish and pack up i always grab as much trash as i can carry with me. Here in Missouri At all Boat ramps,landings parks they have MANY MANY 50Gal barrels out there. i mean if you can walk down to a bank and throw in a line and sit there and drink beer, you can carry that CRAP back with you not like you ran a mile or anything. I Always take a walmart bag or something like that for my beer bottles and other trash Js the way i see it if you cant Take everything you brought with u, you dont need to be there, sit in you backyard throw out a line and litter it up. :beat_brick:

7. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Sometimes the action(or inaction) of a few idiots can ruin it for everyone. We have a small state-owned lake here in my area that is teaming with gills, crappie, bullhead, and channels.... but it has been off-limits for fishing for atleast the last 15 years because of people not picking up their trash, it's now fenced in and the gate kept locked, no one is allowed back there any more.

Seeing litter in a city or suburb is one thing, seeing it in a park, at a lake, or out in the woods just really pisses me off.

8. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    There is a place on the GMR that I have fished since I was around 5. It was always clean and quiet and usually I wouldn't see a single other person there. Last year I started noticing large groups showing up together and started to see some trash. This year the few times I have gone to that spot there has been literally 20-30 peopple groups on the bank fishing every single time. Fishing with everthing from fishing poles to hand lines to fishing line tied around a stick. Now I notice that there are large piles of trash in all the places they hang out. I would love to say something but not a single one of the 20-30 of them seems to speak ANY English at all. I honeslty don't think many of them are legal citizens much less have fishing lisences. I think they just go back there because it is such a hike to get to that no game wardens ever show up that far back.

9. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Had the same problem here a few days ago . What makes it worse is a local police officer lives not 100 yards from the lake I was fishing and there is trash cans every 50 yards or so. I guess the people who do this are pigs all around at home and in the outdoors . I know it happens everywhere and will keep happening , but this crap makes me want to punch a hole in someones face when they do it at my favorite spot . I have even caught a few lawn chairs some idiot busted and throwed into the lake .

10. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Leave a sign that says :

Dont let the sun set on your border jumping asses , and on the way out take your trash .

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jack I agree with you. This is a sad situation that probably will never get better unless there is some laws enacted and enforced.

12. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i agree with ya mickey but the only issue is it will never be enforced...how could it? You have to catch them just as they are leaving...know what i mean?

13. ga2oh

ga2oh New Member

State:
    ohio
    this is the second or third time this topic has come up. so for now on if anyone see's someone leave any trash behind use that person as bait. even my 5yr old is sick of seeing others trash, he cut himself on glass last saturday trying to clean it up.

14. criss

criss New Member

State:
    ohio
    Put some preasure on the warden it is his job and they say to call in all law breakers.

15. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I bank fish about every 3 days and every 3 days I'm cleaning up trash. I'm to the point that when I see someone leave something I'm gonna blow my top..I don't give a rats arse how " big " someone is. Let this skinny little redneck catch someone and see what happens next.

The hard part is fish the wee hours of the morning and everyone is already gone by then so I never see who does it. Even if I got my arse beat I can assure you they wont wanna go thought it again.

Dang it boyz..ya'll done got me all riled up, LOL.

To those who clean up after others...I appreciate it very much..no matter where you live and fish.

-Jim-

16. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    I posted a similar thread you guys really hit home on this topic with me its crazy all you here these days is enviroment enviroment enviroment but when the last time you seen any of these people take the time and git out and just pick up some trash some dope left on the highway on the lake or in a park.Sometime when im just riding down the road I see an old couple picking up the garbage and you know what they should be given an award or something.I guess the real point is and I am guilty of it to is lets organize groups in our area and clean up a bad area instead of talking about it and beating a drum lets git active I know I am:wink:

17. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    the place i fish at alot is the same way cleaned all around my spot burnt the worn cups and all the liver containers bagged up what wouldnt burn and go back the following weekend its right back the same way i give up trying to keep it all clean fighting a losing battle with the jackasses

18. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am going to put up a couple signs, telling the slobs to pick up there trash.

I am sure I will find them on the ground and have to pick them up, but at least I will feel better knowing they read it.

19. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Trash is one thing but what gets me even more is the broken glass.....my kids and dogs play out there but I gotta worry about them getting cut.

Ok here is the worst I se ***drum roll please ".....dirty diapers...yep, how disgusting can it get.

Ok,,,I'm done..I had to vent it out some more..thanks ; )

-Jim-

20. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Here in missouri, Convits in the local Co Jails/prison's clean the highways, And Teen's/Adults With Dui/drug convition's that are on probation do the same on the weekends :big_smile_2: