please obey

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by JERMSQUIRM, Jul 17, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    please all b.o.c. members that see this. tag your jugs lines and poles. if anything we can help stop the illegal activity or reduce the # of times folks run into trouble.

make sure that the area is open to the method and your lines are retrieved after use.

its good conservation. seems theres alot of untagged stuff floating around and getting tangled with others. theres thread after thread. the least we can do is make sure were within the laws. hell even put b.o.c. member on the tag.

its the heat of the season and seems like some folks (in general) are being sloppy. they give us a bad name. all we can do as a group is spread the word on tagging and retrieving our gear. and keeping watch on it and not leaving it for extended times to interupt with others.

thats a sportsman. leaving it out there for days or permently is the real "unethical" thing to do.

report illegal fishing. weather its to many rods or illegal gear. lets help clean up the name.:cool2:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a very reasonable request. It is the law and it only makes sense to me.

3. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i hear ya jeremy and agree. i have never run a line of any kind without tagging it, but i've also seen thousands of other lines untagged or left behind. it's the same to me though if someone snags and breaks off on visible cover and leaves it there, when they could easily wade out to it. but you don't hear folks bit$%ing about that, just the various types of setliners. or the rolls of mono you'll see in the rocks at the tailrace. but damn it all if there was a nylon line in those riocks with a few droppers on it you're gonna hear about it. i couldn't give less of a crap of what anyone thinks of me for what i do, as long as i'm doing doing it for my own right reasons. then i'd have to feel guilty about the deer meat in the freezer and the tender succulent wild pork i feed my family, haha! you know that isn't going to happen jerm, i'm secure! :wink: i don't think you'll get everyone to ever tag all their setines, just like there's an untold number of people who never buy a fishing line and don't get caught. don't get me started on the road hunters...

oh hey and for the record jeremy i'm not saying you're bit%^ing, i just read some stuff earlier that ind of pi$$ed me off... i think you read it too!

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    im just tired of being the unethical guy that runs lines once maybe twice a year. im sick of the fighting but when the unsportsman sh&* comes out i get mad.

i obey my laws and clean up my gear when im done. im just trying to show some of these guys that were not all the ones they speak of.

and fighting back and forth on 5 different threads aint helping my heart. so im going to this method.:wink:

i read most everything on here,lol.:wink:

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Ah, that's just the price you pay for being "jedi for the dark side".:wink:

6. LaBlueHunter

LaBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    its just like anything else in life somebody dont agree with were havein our rights taken away daily just cause somebody feels that its wrong its not gonna stop til we unite an stand up aginst them plain an simple ima do what i wanna do long as i stay in the laws here in louisiana u can keep a 100 fish but they all have length limits on them channle cats are 11 inches blues 12 inches and flattys 14 inches a 12 inch blue is a good eatin fish i set lines infact i have some lines ready to set right now and as soon as i get the bait tank stocked where i have bait to do so ima go set them the fish i catch will go in my freezer and also will donate some to the church as i do every year for there yearly fish fry hell in the past i donated 600 pounds of fillets to shriners for a big benafit fish fry they had fact of the matter is theres far more who follow rules then break them dont judge all by a few

7. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    You guys think you get a lot of crap about setlining, trotlining, and jugging?

Try being a used car dealer..... EVERYBODY thinks they know that the car dealer is out to "gitcha"

People like to B itch. If I could change one thing about mankind it would be to change their propensity to think negativativly instead of seeing the positive in a given situation.

Quote for the day.

An optimist sees the donut, the pessimist sees the hole. I am a realistic optimist, I see th whole donut.:wink:

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Daggone it Jeremy, what are you doing over here making a post that I completely agree with??? You're supposed to be in the Nascar section so we can argue.....:crazy::eek:oooh::tounge_out::wink::smile2:

9. Cdbush28

Cdbush28 New Member

State:
    Washington
    I set limb lines and bank poles 2-3 times a week based apon the river levels. I am not sure how everyone else does it but each morning after we run our lines we pull our pole and cut our lines. The water levels changing daily changes the spots we fish. Even if we are going to fish again that evening we still pull them. I feel that it is a good way to keep your equipment from being stollen or to keep your favorite hole from being loaded up next time you go out, not to mention other fishermen aren't in danger of catching a stray hook.

10. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    now you did it
    now i have to work an extra 5 minute tagging my lines :confused2::confused2:

and you forgot one thing please obey the law and dont run my lines or cut them when tagged properly and if you get tangled in my line dont jerk it out and throw it on the bank its hell trying to get it untangled :wink:

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i untangle my mono lines all the time. just part of it.:wink:

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    wasnt room for "traditional" side. :wink::smile2:

there fixed it. we aint dark anyways. just different.:wink:

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Great post,Jeremy,I tried to rep ya,but I gotta spread the love some more. I have quit trotlining here,because of the bass fishermen,I got tired of lines being cut and dropped to the bottom,Cant compete with em,so I gave up.

14. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    some day jeremy i will have to go over there or you come down here and we can set lines together and a trotline or two and rod and reel in 1 night and have fun

nothing like coming around a corner and seeing a limb sticking in the water splashing water allover the place :wink:

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    great post!!! aimed at all people involved in the sport, just not a certain group... reps to ya for the idea asap...:wink: rollo

16. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    well i went out to rebait my trotline and guess what i had a 5lb channel must have seen the shinny hook and hit it

i was pleased
    maybe tomorrow will have some more channels

17. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Totolly agree with the tagging of troutlines,limb lines etc.Shucks a person can go on the putter, type up what you want and printem out,, how hard is that really.I even have my R&R's tagged. Printum out ,put clear tape over them and thier good to go. Great post..

18. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    the river where i fish is pretty bad off with left lines and such. so what i do now is i watch the lines and if they are there next time i come back i cut them down bring them home and throw them away. i do the same with trash at the boat ramp. some times it looks like some one dumped a truck load of trash there. im afraid that it wont be long till the govt. closes the ramp down:( . i even brought out a trash can and some one stole it . ne way my 2 cents thanks

19. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    runabout thats pretty acceptable to me. if ya watch and the lines are abandoned then removing is the best thing. i to would remove them if they were a nuisence. but not if simply un tagged. thats the laws job. but abandoned a time or two out. i would agree.

20. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i tried to give you reps but i gotta spread the love first. this is an excellent thread. i am down with legal means and legal gear. sign me up.