please info on eagle fish id

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by drpepper, May 28, 2008.

1. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    here's the pics I'd appreciate if someone familiar with this unit could rate this for me from doorstop to 10... I have not even powered it up, It was on a B-tracker I bought. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Bill, I have had an Eagle for a good while and really like it a lot. You can go online to the Eagle home site and print out an instruction manual on that unit if you like.

3. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I have 2 in my shop, They work and were nice units several years ago but fishfinders have come a long way since then, the resolution although high at the time is low compared to most units in store now. it reminds me of playing PONG on Atari way back when.... They do work, and ID fish (in general). but looks like steps (staircase). If its all you got use it, it will show bottom contours(steps) and fish id somewhat. but bottom for sure. jmo good luck

4. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    OK I have a question about the fish ID thang?? Are you saying that it tell you what the fish is like Bass, Crappie, Catfish and so on????:eek:oooh: If it does I want one or something similar!!!:big_smile:

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    :smile2:reps... I laughed and 'bout fell off my chair on that.... thanks, thats what I was after. It thankfully isnt the only thing I have!

I watch my depth finders differently when fishing small rivers then other bigger waters.
    In small rivers I only care about finding holes/depth and I'll stick this one of my little 10' or 12' flatbottoms.

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    the fish id removes all the arches and blips and only displays the bottom and what it believes to be a fish in a little fish shape display. the fish ids may or may not be fish but from the info the unit recieves it displays only what should be fish. not type just size.

7. Pacman

Pacman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I found out that the fishfinder doesn't really see the whole fish because it is very close to the density of the water. What it sees is the reflection off the air bladder. Ain't that something?

No, fish ID doesn't tell you the kind of fish...just his social security number:)

8. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Well, not really. Sidescan sonar, for instance, definitely show you the outline of the fish as well as his acoustic shadow!

What is true is that the frequencies used by most fishfinders that provide fish ID capability are selected specifically close to the bubble resonance frequency of a wide variety of fish swim bladders. This would provide increased sensitivity of a sonar.

Old-fashioned backscatter (sound reflection), still accounts for a significant amount of sonar capability, though!

9. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Basically if you don't learn about the they type of fish your after and where they hang,, the best "fish finder" on the planet today ain't gonna help ya much.
    You may fish all day with live bluegills in a hole full of carp or a couple turtles, lol.
    It's why I usually refer to 'em as "depth finder's" ... my bad.
    On the river, I look for the structure, holes, etc. then MAYBE I'll turn on the fish blips....