Please. I need help again.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by peewee williams, Mar 18, 2007.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I often take a long time to write these things.Some times it takes me a few minutes,sometimes hours or days.I often spend these hours or days getting my thoughts down,whether a short or long amount.I then try to summit it,and it will often tell me that I am not registered or am not authorized to and I lose it.I have lost so much that I have spent so much time on,that I would have given up if I could quit.I am just too stubborn.This has been going on for as long as I have been on the BOC.I should have asked for help before now.This has been a another real discouraging day because of this.I am getting off now,as I have been on here for a long time.Any and all help will be appreciated.I hope this goes through.I love you Brothers and Sisters.Peewee

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Try writing your post in wordpad or notepad.After you write all you want,copy it from there and paste it into here.I hope this helps you out some.
    Take Care Pee-Wee!!!

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Yeah, Notepad is great or Microsoft Word.

4. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Alfred, is that what you wanted to know.. about helping to not lose your posts?
    If there's something else, please just give a holler. What John and Teas said is what I do, too, if it's a really long post. Or sometimes even do it on an email from Outlook Express and then copy and paste it from there.
    That way if ya don't get it finished right away, it's easy to save it as the draft of a letter.

Holler if there's anything else, please.

5. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Peewee or Alfred Price not sure which
    Like John says compose your post in "word pad", or in my case "word perfect" anyway your word processor software and save it there so you’ll always have it. It evens corrects my awful spelling. Then just click copy and paste it in the BOC reply space. Then if BOC won’t accept it just click on "contact us" at the bottom of every thread. Tell them your problem. Wow it’s scary how great these guys are at getting back to you with help. Even I who am mentally old and really slow can understand what to do after they tell me. Then if all else fails I ask my 10 year old grandchild to please show grandpa how to do it. Luck

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Hello Peewee!

The above advice is good but if you will check the REMEMBER ME box, then you will stay logged in, until you sign out.

Plus, if you forget to do that, and it says you have logged out, just hit the back button and your words should still be there, then copy them, sign in, and paste them in your reply or post.

Hope this helps.

Love and hugs from NE TN to GA.
    Cheryl

P.S. I have a hankerin' to go to Erwin, but haven't had time or felt like it, but I do have a destiny date soon. I miss the beauty of the area there and it feels like home to me, most of the time when I visit.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I just click on the 'remember me box and never log out when i am done i just close I E

8. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    love you too brother!

9. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    OOK.Sounds great,but sorry to say,I have no idea what you are talking about.I don;t,know what those things are,what they mean or what to do with them.I am going to get a book and get off my 14 different pills a day and see if I can learn.If I were taking my pain pills,I probably could not be doing this much.I will also be trying to get out on my wheelchair now,and I get off my meds. for that.I am caught between my needed medication and physical and mental retardation when taking it.I ain;t complaining.I got it too good for that.It is just one more challenge.I sure feel sorry for those poor bored people who have to go looking for a challenge.I got all that I ever wanted years ago.Thanks for all the help.I just have to learn what those words mean and how to do them.I have never had any typing or computer training at all and my often lack of feeling in my hands don;t help.With folks like you all behind me,I cain;t give up.Thanks.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee.

10. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I do sometimes hit the "back Button",but at times I draw a blank on the screen.I also have not found a "Remember me box." I do enjoy your "notes"to me about the area as I miss it very much.While my wife visited family.I use to run up the hollows and down the ridges.The 4 seasons are like 4 different places.A lot of good folks treated me well,and I still love them for it.There are few places or people who have sent me such as a pinch of "Bear Hair"for city children that have never seen it or boxed up "Ramps" and sent me in cool weather.Only special folks such as you find on here.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee.

11. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    peewee its been a long winter but tomorrow is the first day of spring and by god weve made it thanks to th pain pills:tounge_out: :smile2:

12. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Peewee,

There should be a little box to check near where you sign in, that says remember me. Click on the little box, and a check will appear, then sign in.

It is a beautiful afternoon here and the birds are singing. The forsythia are blooming, the hyacinths are smelling so sweet, the crocuses are blooming, and the trees are starting to bloom, too.

Love and hugs from TN to GA
    Cheryl

13. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yea, doing it on MS Word first helps and allows you to edit it any time you like.