Please help!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Believer, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I haven't been fishing in so long I can't even remember what a catfish looks like. :big_smile:

2. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    It seems like I have been fishing constantly and I dont remember what they look like either :roll_eyes: :lol:

3. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    lol i can relate to that..good luck

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I have fished a ton this year and I still dont know what they look like. LMAO

5. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    Well, I have only caught one this year. A channel cat about a pound and a half, I think it was. Or, was that really a channel. I am forgetting now too, as to what they look like. But, I sure know what Carp look like. I have caught several of them. A bunch of bluegill, a few good sized redeyes and a couple of smallmouth bass.

Hey, maybe the mods will make a section for "catfishermen who can't catch cats" and maybe call it "Cat Skunked" or something along those lines. And, then we can post all our bad luck days we had fishing for cats.

6. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    It has been a tough year all around for me, as far as fishing goes.
    I sure hope hunting turns out better.

7. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Hey, maybe the mods will make a section for "catfishermen who can't catch cats" and maybe call it "Cat Skunked" or something along those lines. And, then we can post all our bad luck days we had fishing for cats.[/quote]

Or "cat got your tounge" :lol:

8. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    It 'll get better .... it always does .

9. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    Whew, I thought it was just me?:eek:oooh:

We have fished more the last couple months than we have the last few years and I think we have caught less.

I'm hoping it'll get better once it starts cooling off a little.

Ken

10. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    You and me both brother! At least i've killed a squirrel recently. :smile2:

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Well Eric, why don't you go fishing? I would like to suggest some bait.....hot dogs with peanut butter and/or Miracle Whip and PB sandwiches :big_smile: Catfish like weird stuff too, just like YOU :lol: If this isn't an option, just visit the member photo gallery. You can familiarize yourself with the "looks" of all kinds of cats.....just try not to drool on the keyboard while you're looking at them, brother! Meanwhile, enjoy your squirrel :wink: I think there's a squirrel recipe thread around here somewhere....:big_smile:

12. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Thats the problem you wont see many catfish up in the trees:lol: . Just kidding Brother I could'nt resist:big_smile: .

13. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    hey brother just keep ging you will catch one. sometimes i go and just don't care if i catch on or not. it's the thought of being in nature

14. jmfraz

jmfraz New Member

State:
    Houston, Texas
    I'll bet you land a trophy cat on your next outting!! It's being out there doing it that matters most. Heck, as the saying goes, a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!!

15. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    A catfish huh... well thats easy... well they have 4 legs and a hard shell around them... and they like to steal your bait.... no.. wait.. thats a crappie i think.. yeah yeah thats it.. im pretty sure a catfish is those lil critters that sneak up on ya when your camping and you see there beady lil eyes looking through the trees at ya.. they are easy to spot cause the have this dark color around there eyes... Makes them look like lil bandits... and most of the time they will travel in groups.... And the best bait i kow are marshmellows... but i can never set the hook on those darn things....

16. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    We need to breed a fresh water dogfish to chase em up there. Make it easeir. Besides all mine are already decorated with bobbers. lol

17. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    It aint going to be long before I can go:confident:

18. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Now see, theres your problem. Everybody knows rabbit makes better bait than squirrel.

19. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Boys, boys, that's why they call it fishing and not catching. It will get better as fall gets here.