Please Help

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by vswanson, Jul 24, 2006.

1. vswanson

vswanson New Member

State:
    texas
    Has anyone every heard how to make a minnow stink bait?????:confused2:

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Well I never tried but I guess you could experiment, seems like saltine crackers work good for minnows. Maybe you could come up with something that uses the crackers all crunched up and a component to hold it all together.

Welcome to the BOC!

3. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    You need to clarify....

Are you talking about stink bait to catch minnows or minnows to use to make stink bait?

4. vswanson

vswanson New Member

State:
    texas
    I am asking about catching catfish on a stink bait made from minnows lol

5. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    I think she means how to make a stinkbait with the main ingredient as minnows I dont know but thats what it sounds like im sure u could just do a google search on minnow stinkbait recipes maybe it will turn up what your looking for good luck.

6. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    O yeah already cleared that up my bad u must have been posting when i was at the same time lol u beat me though.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
  8. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I suppose you'd first have to figure out how to make normal stinkbait, then grind up some minnows and pop em in to the mixture! ps i dont know how to make normal stinkbait lol. good luck!

9. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
  10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks brother, it is definatly a conversation starter. LMAO

11. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

go to store buy your favorite stink bait also pick up a couple dozen minnows. go to water put half a minnow and ball of stink bait on hook. and viola minnow stink bait, JK I have no idea.

12. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    haha you had thinkin you knew what you were talking about LMAO

13. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I found this one on a search engine.

Ingredients:
    oatmeal
    sardines

Preparation:
    Mix sardines with oatmeal.
    Add water* until oatmeal will stay on hook
    *It does not hurt to use the soybean oil that the sardines came in. Adds to the water a slick for fish to follow.

try this with minnows it maight work it might not. also subtitute veggie oil for soybean.

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yesterday,when I bought the rotten shad sides I recieved a new wrinkle on my brow!! Now maybe ya all's heard this one but I sure hadn't! This bait shop said they regulaly take all there bait fish that die and infuse them with blood,what kind of blood I wasn't told and I didn't asked,I was so astonished I'd never heard of it. I asked how do you keep them from falling apart if they're dead,she didn't elaborate but stated when they are infused with this blood they are then thrown in the refrigorator,and said the cats love emm! Maybe thats what I should have used last night!!!:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

15. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Fish-based chum​
    This chum recipe is a little more messy, but works best in moving water.
    Use dead shad, minnows, and/or perch for this one. Any rough fish you catch can be included, as well as the remains of cleaned fish. You can include finely chopped chicken livers if you like. Chop into very small pieces with a knife or use a coarse food grinder set aside strictly for bait grinding. The wife will never again let it into the house, so store it in the shed or barn where it can be exposed to the air. It can be used fresh, or allowed to "season" for a couple of days.
    Ladle the chum into the stream so that the current will carry it past your baits about once every 1/2 hour starting 1/2 hour before dark. Keep the chunks small so that the catfish will smell it, but have trouble finding it.

This is a recipee I ran across Ive never used it but I know a guide that does and says it works pretty well.

16. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I used to buy some that was called Quanah bait that was made in Quanah, TX. I hope I spelled that right!! A gentleman there showed us how to make it after we bought quite a bit of it from him. Best I remember, he got a lot of minnows and put them on a big hail screen and let them dry and then ground them up. It seemed like you waited till oil started to form on the minnows before you ground them.
    I can only tell you that I had a bottle of it behind my seat of my pickup that I hadn't taken out and it exploded one fine summer day of 100 degree. I almost passed out when I opened the door. Ended up repacing the seat and it
    still stank on a good rainy day 5 years later when I sold it. But it did work very well but took a lot of minnows to make it. I will ask some of my friends and see if they can remember more.
    Bill

17. vswanson

vswanson New Member

State:
    texas
    Thank you For all your help Guys