Please Help Me Figure Out What Type of Trolling I need for my 'toon

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by daniel-delarosa, May 6, 2008.

1. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    I cant figure out what type of trolling motor would be best for my toon. The railing goes all the way out to the front of the deck. There is a little swinging gate in the center, but if I get one of the motors that folds up and lays flat like the bass boats have it will stick way inside the boat. Im afraid someone will step on it or something. But I do think that would be the best choice.
    How long of shaft do I need?

2. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    thats the way mine is and I always have to put it out while I am anchored to keep from tripping over it. I wish I had got a 24 volt that mounts on the big motor and you steer it with the steering wheel, I think those are nice. and they are out of the way and you dont have to put it out when you want to use it. but definately go with a 24 volt.

3. 4Low

4Low New Member

State:
    Lonoke, AR
    My buddy has a Minn Kota on his pontoon. He bought a bracket from either BPS or Cabelas that allows you to remove the motor in seconds. The bracket is flat and mounts to the floor. The trolling motor plate slides over it and it mounts solid. It's for a foot control trolling motor and it's what I would use if I had a pontoon. Check it out