Please help me choose?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by cab9379, Jun 27, 2009.

1. cab9379

cab9379 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey guys and gals I got a question I need another surf rod for big flatts and blues, I have a Lamiglass Surf King 11ft right now, and want another to go with it. What I was looking at so far are the ST Croix preimer surf, Cabelas predator, or another Lamiglass, which would you choose or what other rod would you recommend? It has to be casting and be able to handle big boys. Thank you.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Check out the new BOC sponsor for the surf rods. Cherokee Rods.

3. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    depends on what you can afford if you want to stay in the lamiglass family go with a big bang heaver they're rated for 6-16oz and the isn't much swimming a rod like this can't tame retails for 400

now if you want to stick to the price you paid for your surf king (i'm guessing less than 200) go with the ocean master cape point edition rated 6-12oz and retails for 170ish another option is ebay search for a diawa eliminator northeast edition rated for 12oz too retailed for 120ish new so you might find one cheaper.

or do like mickey said go with a BOC sponsor. i don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

4. cab9379

cab9379 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for all the help I took a look at all the rods you guys recommended but atleast Im down to choosing two. The St Croix Preimer 10ft or the Cherokee Tough Stick 10ft. If any of you have had experience with either of theese rods and can tell me what you think I would greatly apprieciate it.

5. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    i do not fish with rods that are 10' and higher but i was looking for one i would look it boc sponsor cherokee rods i only use ugly sticks.......