Please give me your opinion (New Truck)

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Katmaster Jr., Dec 31, 2008.

Which truck would you pick?

1. Avalanche with Gray trim (no leather seats)

2. Standard (with leather seats)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    As a lot of you know, I totaled my truck the other night. Well I'm okay, just in the process of picking out a new one right now.

I have two picked out...both are the same price and same model...except the first one has the gray trim on the outside, and does not have leather or power seats. The second one is closest to my last truck, and has the leather and power seats.

In your opinion which is better?

Attached Files:

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You need a Ford or Lincoln, From a company that don't need no stinking bailout.

3. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    First of all, glad you weren't hurt in the accident.
    Then, if you're planning on doing much fishing, I'd go with the plain jane and make it a Dodge.....

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with this post. But I would want the power seats.

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Glad to see that you are okay from the accident bro. My last few vehicles have had leather and power everything (im spoiled that way I guess..) Anyhow, I dont get into leather seating anymore unless its in a luxury vehicle...one day....BMW 7 series...:canny::canny::canny:....OH sorry...back to what I was saying. Power options I'd stick to but leather isnt as important. just my opinion. Good luck with your purchase.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Uhh Yeah ,what he said :smile2: I'm a Ford Man to the bone,But Chevy's are nice city trucks .if ya dont work em too much:wink:

7. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'd get something else other than an avalanch, they tend to have alot of issues. If i were going to get a new truck and wanted a half ton i'd get a silverado 4x4 ext cab, but im not a half ton man, so i'd opt out for a 1 ton srw (single rear wheel, not dually) duramax 4x4. But seein that you like the avalanch, i'd switch over to the silverado.

Out of all the trucks i have had, i liked my '00 dodge 1 ton extended cab cummins 4x4 the best (srw not dually). Only bad thing about it was the tranny which i ditched and put in a custom one built by suncoast.

Anywho, i'd go silverado if i were you, ditch the avalanch...

8. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    My thoughts have always been the less power options the less to mess up and cost you extra just my feelings

9. Relocated-Yankee

Relocated-Yankee New Member

State:
    Goldsboro
    Leather is easier to clean, doesn't stain easy and is durable. Don't like the Avalanche no matter what trim it has.

10. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Glad you were not hurt !!! Go for the leather seats man that gray trim strip won't do a thing for comfort.

11. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Got me a new one in October; my Escape got totalled in the parking lot where I work....while it was parked! But, since I'd just paid it off 2 wks earlier(!), I got a good down payment for my 2007 Ford F-150....and I LOVE it!!
    Good luck truck shopping! And really glad you're okay.

12. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Oops.....forgot the picture!

Attached Files:

13. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I'd go for a Ford FX4, I love mine, wished it had leather seats, but, I do have power seats, I like all that stuff!!

I also own a Chevy Silverdo, and call it my Girlie truck,:crazy: I got that one for a truck to use for my business, It was less money,,,, It's for sale....

The seat in the Ford reclines a lot more than the one in the Chevy, if that matters to you

Don't think you can really go wrong with any of them.. Just what ya like.:wink:

14. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Glad to hear your ok sorry about the truck. Id go for the second one looks cleaner and i like power seats im not a fan of leather though i had 2002 dodge stratus rt with leather after a couple years it cracked up and looked tacky and the seats where always cold as heck in winter stick with chevy i like the room inside these trucks but the bed is a little to small but on the plus side they have the boxes on the side looks cleaner than a tool box

15. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    my thoughts are the less "toys" a truck/car has the less to go wrong

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Zakk, you probably already know how I feel about the Avalanche. I'd hate to give up leather seats but my choice without a doubt would be the Av. I'm on my second Av. I've owned three F-150's and one Dodge Dakota. The Av ride is superb. This is mainly because it's built on a Suburban frame. It drives better than our Lincoln. Overall, I've been more pleased with the AV than any vehicle I've owned in my lifetime. But it's also the most expensive vehicle I've ever owned, which is my fault for I ordered it with every option available except 4 wheel drive.

Good luck with whichever you choose.

17. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Zakk: Personally I hate all the plastic crap down the sides, The plain one with leather 100% and stay with Chevy! you wanted my opinon, There it is ...:wink:

18. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I've been pulling my 22 ft. boat around with my Silverado for 80,000 miles, plus hauling a bunch of stuff like firewood.

It's never been in the shop one time.

19. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Your in good shape long as it doesn't say GM:roll_eyes: on the front of it.Try the Toyota Tundra.Sharp looking trucks.Boy and his wife had one and it was nice.
    Seriously if I was taking it on fishin trips ,don't think I'd go with anything fancy.

20. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    f150 all the way !!!!!!!!!!