Please be careful this weekend!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jlingle, May 25, 2007.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    This weekend is a holiday weekend and there will be lots and lots of people on the roads and lakes. Please be careful. Lives can be changed in the blink of an eye, and I was reminded of that on my way back from town this morning.

As I was about to turn off the highway and onto our dirt road, I looked in my mirror and saw a pickup flipping end over end. I checked to see if anybody was coming, and whipped my truck across the highway and got to the wreck within about 5 seconds of when it came to rest. The boys inside weren't paying attention, ran off the road striking a culvert and flipping end over end twice, before hitting a telephone pole and coming to rest back on its wheels. I pulled up and ran to the truck and one boy was already getting out. The other one was in the back seat of the truck, and bleeding profusely from the face. I moved all their stuff out of the way and since the truck was resting under a broken power pole with a transformer leaking onto the truck, I decided to get him out. I lifted him out and set him over to the side, well out of the way of the wreck. Both boys are gonna be fine, although one boy will have some serious scarring on his face.

I never thought I would be so shook up about something like this, but just the sudden-ness and drastic change that can happen in the blink of an eye just shocked me. Please be careful out there this weekend, folks. Wear your seatbelts on the roads and be safe on the water as well. I'm all for having a few beers and having fun, but please stay safe and don't do anything stupid this weekend. Life can be very very short.

2. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thank you, Jerrod... great thoughts and an excellent reminder.
    Glad you were there to be a blessing to those boys!
    Everybody stay safe and watch out for the other guy, too :smile2:

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    So thankful you were there to assist those young men! I totally agree life can be cut tragically short. Lets do our best to be and remain on our toes.It's great to have fun but it's greater to have fun and do it as safely as possible! Ya all take care now!!:big_smile: