Pleasanton '09

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by delbert bumbleshoot, May 4, 2009.

1. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Went doodlesocking in the brush piles at Pleasanton. Caught a few small crappie. 11' crappie rod with 8lb test bobber and minnow 18" deep.Hauled a 17" 3lb crappie out. I thought it was a bass when it came up. When I slipped the net under it and landed it I started whooping and hollering like the Jayhawks had won another championship. Oh that's next year.I already have 2 crappie mounted so it's dinner.Bobber went down again and snap the line sounded like a .22 going off. So I switched reels and put a salt striker with 30 lb big game on it and a stouter hook.I jammed the rod back in the trees and the bobber went down again. I wrestled a 12 lb channel cat out of there. He got hung up a couple of times and I snapped the tree limbs.I hooked up again a 6 lb bass{didn't have my scale} I released both of them.I caught a 3 lb channel and lost another big crappie about 15" right at the surface :sad2:.The city came and filled the feeders while I was there :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:. I switched over to the East lake and set up on the outflow.kdwp said they have been catching some real big channel cats there where ther is inflow and outflow.So I figured to be real late on that.It was only about 3 ft deep but I caught some bluegill a couple bass 2lb and 4 lb on minnows and 1 crappie.I threw out some shad and liver on slip bobbersand wasn't paying much attention to them. I almost lost my favorite salmon rod to a 4lb channel.I caught 3 more on turkey liver none on the shad. Pretty good trip though.

Attached Files:

2. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Wow a 3lb crappie is something to brag about.

3. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Eric, where is love on Monday's I haven't heard from you.

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Congrats on the big crappie Eric. That is a nice one.

5. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Sorry Kevin you said May 1st you start working. I could have used a net man dude. I would have called you. I hadn't been down there yet this year didn't know if it was gonna be any good.Here's a few more pics my wife's camera is a lot better.Left my camera in the car so I didn't get any bass pics or the 12 lb channel. The crappie on the one side is 11 inches.The channels are 20 inches.She had eaten a 3" bluegill and a 4" shad. Of course she had a mouth like a bass. Scale was bouncing around 2.8 2.9 3.1 so being prone to exaggerate I always take the highest number.

Attached Files:

6. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    couple more pics

Attached Files:

7. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I am no crappie fisherman, but I know a big dang crappie when I see one. That is a nice fish. Congrats.

8. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Two more weeks, maybe this weekend let's get out and about.

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Congrats Eric, that is one hell of a Crappie. Got my mouth watering now. Slap that bad boy in some Uncle Bucks beer batter with some Louisiana hot sauce and some of Charlie's hushpuppies, dont get no better than that. Id rep ya, but I have to spread it around more. Whatever the hell that means. I rep everyone. :smile2::wink::big_smile:

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    That is a very nice crappie Eric,thats dinner with just one fish like that one.

11. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    That's some big bait err I mean a big ass crappie! :smile2:

12. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Congrats on the Pig of a Crappie.

13. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Crappie pictures, Eric!

14. LBM

LBM New Member

State:
    Prairie Village, Kansas
    WTG Eric. Good post. Thanks for the info on the feeders since I wasn't aware they started filling them this soon especially now that tax revenues are rather tight in these times. Pleasantant is now lighted up on my radar screen. :smile2:

15. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Thanks Lee coming from an expert crappie fisherman like yourself that's a compliment.I'm always reading your stuff on ............. Send me a PM if you wanna go down there sometime.We can trade notes on feeder kitties. Be a week or two before they are camped out under the feeder like my buddy Keith at the Chinese buffet.

16. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Its gettin close Delbert. Its almost time for me, you, and Shelby to go get that new state record channel outta the East lake. :wink::big_smile:

17. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Yeah Keith I got a new tent maybe we could head to Woodson overnight or something. I hear they got some big channels down there.Last year my biggest one {18lbs.} came out of the West lake.When I hooked that giant 30+ pounder on the live crappie that was at the west lake too.

18. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Sounds like a plan. Left you a voicemail. :wink:

19. millertimemarine

millertimemarine Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Name:
    Wyatt
    I cant wait to get down there. I'd like to hit the East lake a lot this year.

20. delbert bumbleshoot

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Yeah Jake the game warden said he checked somebody with a 50 lb blue there last year.I need to find a new pattern there. I did catch a couple in the outflow last week. Maybe try drifting some shad or something.Maybe drop some attractors in the creek channel or something.Be nice to try a sidefinder down there.