Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Pleasant surprise !

3K views 36 replies 25 participants last post by  ragincajun19 
#1 ·
So rather then hang out here and take a beating . Roberto and I headed down to Pleasant ,(saw some lawyers standing along the power line rd,) in the water and fishing for bait at the tires in 1.5 hr a hen mallard flew up on the boat and would not shut up till she got some chips .dangled a night crawler in the middle of a tire and about a 30lb carp surfaced and gave us the evil eye .meanwhile the hen came back with friends ,so much for catching bait .
then we had to go back to the launch and get the pylo started for my boys who had brought their boys ,stuck needle in carb .then off to humbug . got to a likely spot .Roberto caught 2 gills right off(all he caught ) hooked them up 1 ea. (long story shorter ) grandson 1 gill,Roberto 2 gills , Bubbacat 2 greensunfish 1 bluegill 1 4 lb stripper 1 2oz stripper 1 2lb channel 1 5 lb channel 1 15 lb flathead 1 27 lb flathead :cowboy:

#16 ·
Very nice there Dave!

I have never fished Pleasant for the big Flats, always did the verde river and Barlett. You have got me convinced. Congrats on a nice haul!

I occasionally fish Bartlett, but normally hit Pleasant. Heading there @ 4:30 a.m. tomorrow, fishing Castle Creek, Cole's , and Humbug. Camping on Humbug overnight. Fishing for largemouth and stripers, and flathead bait during the day; stripers and channels/flatheads after dark. Coming back Saturday afternoon.

#17 ·
I occasionally fish Bartlett, but normally hit Pleasant. Heading there @ 4:30 a.m. tomorrow, fishing Castle Creek, Cole's , and Humbug. Camping on Humbug overnight. Fishing for largemouth and stripers, and flathead bait during the day; stripers and channels/flatheads after dark. Coming back Saturday afternoon.
good luck!!

#20 ·
So rather then hang out here and take a beating . Roberto and I headed down to Pleasant ,(saw some lawyers standing along the power line rd,) in the water and fishing for bait at the tires in 1.5 hr a hen mallard flew up on the boat and would not shut up till she got some chips .dangled a night crawler in the middle of a tire and about a 30lb carp surfaced and gave us the evil eye .meanwhile the hen came back with friends ,so much for catching bait .
then we had to go back to the launch and get the pylo started for my boys who had brought their boys ,stuck needle in carb .then off to humbug . got to a likely spot .Roberto caught 2 gills right off(all he caught ) hooked them up 1 ea. (long story shorter ) grandson 1 gill,Roberto 2 gills , Bubbacat 2 greensunfish 1 bluegill 1 4 lb stripper 1 2oz stripper 1 2lb channel 1 5 lb channel 1 15 lb flathead 1 27 lb flathead :cowboy:
Good job bro! Excellent fish!

#21 ·
Snagged loaned me a rod he built 7' put my abu 9000 on it I caught the 15 lb on it great rod he ain't getting it back ! :cowboy:

Greg if you don't mind, would you fill in the particulars ?

Hot Dang,, I didn't see that one coming,, Stolen Boats, Now Stolen Rods....son of a ....

anyhow,, the rod in question, is constructed from an E-Glass 7' one piece blank ,,,rated to 60# Line..
I used EVA foam on the handle and foregrip,, the reel seat is a Fuji Trigger seat,,
This particular rod has Roller Stripper Guide,(first one from the reel) and Roller Tip..
I usually make the handles about 13-14 " long..
I've been using these for awhile, and they allow good casting distance, as good handling for the "Fight"
don't know if I have a picture of it,, and,, may not get one,, as sounds like I'm not getting it back!!!!:crying:

#23 ·
Hot Dang,, I didn't see that one coming,, Stolen Boats, Now Stolen Rods....son of a ....

anyhow,, the rod in question, is constructed from an E-Glass 7' one piece blank ,,,rated to 60# Line..
I used EVA foam on the handle and foregrip,, the reel seat is a Fuji Trigger seat,,
This particular rod has Roller Stripper Guide,(first one from the reel) and Roller Tip..
I usually make the handles about 13-14 " long..
I've been using these for awhile, and they allow good casting distance, as good handling for the "Fight"
don't know if I have a picture of it,, and,, may not get one,, as sounds like I'm not getting it back!!!!:crying:
Heck since you are so nice about people stealing your rods, can I by chance "borrow" you camo patterned rod?

#26 ·
Man, sounds like you had a heck of a trip. I like it when there's other things going on to keep your interest. Sounds like you're going to have some pretty good eatin'. Glad to hear the family were involved, too. I was looking at a picture that Snagged had of one of the rods he had built. They look like some pretty stout rods that would handle about anything. I also like your logo in your signature. We need a lot more of that in the states.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.