Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
5,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So rather then hang out here and take a beating . Roberto and I headed down to Pleasant ,(saw some lawyers standing along the power line rd,) in the water and fishing for bait at the tires in 1.5 hr a hen mallard flew up on the boat and would not shut up till she got some chips .dangled a night crawler in the middle of a tire and about a 30lb carp surfaced and gave us the evil eye .meanwhile the hen came back with friends ,so much for catching bait .
then we had to go back to the launch and get the pylo started for my boys who had brought their boys ,stuck needle in carb .then off to humbug . got to a likely spot .Roberto caught 2 gills right off(all he caught ) hooked them up 1 ea. (long story shorter ) grandson 1 gill,Roberto 2 gills , Bubbacat 2 greensunfish 1 bluegill 1 4 lb stripper 1 2oz stripper 1 2lb channel 1 5 lb channel 1 15 lb flathead 1 27 lb flathead :cowboy:

· Registered
1,108 Posts
Very nice there Dave!

I have never fished Pleasant for the big Flats, always did the verde river and Barlett. You have got me convinced. Congrats on a nice haul!

I occasionally fish Bartlett, but normally hit Pleasant. Heading there @ 4:30 a.m. tomorrow, fishing Castle Creek, Cole's , and Humbug. Camping on Humbug overnight. Fishing for largemouth and stripers, and flathead bait during the day; stripers and channels/flatheads after dark. Coming back Saturday afternoon.

· Registered
860 Posts
I occasionally fish Bartlett, but normally hit Pleasant. Heading there @ 4:30 a.m. tomorrow, fishing Castle Creek, Cole's , and Humbug. Camping on Humbug overnight. Fishing for largemouth and stripers, and flathead bait during the day; stripers and channels/flatheads after dark. Coming back Saturday afternoon.
good luck!!

· Banned
1,183 Posts
So rather then hang out here and take a beating . Roberto and I headed down to Pleasant ,(saw some lawyers standing along the power line rd,) in the water and fishing for bait at the tires in 1.5 hr a hen mallard flew up on the boat and would not shut up till she got some chips .dangled a night crawler in the middle of a tire and about a 30lb carp surfaced and gave us the evil eye .meanwhile the hen came back with friends ,so much for catching bait .
then we had to go back to the launch and get the pylo started for my boys who had brought their boys ,stuck needle in carb .then off to humbug . got to a likely spot .Roberto caught 2 gills right off(all he caught ) hooked them up 1 ea. (long story shorter ) grandson 1 gill,Roberto 2 gills , Bubbacat 2 greensunfish 1 bluegill 1 4 lb stripper 1 2oz stripper 1 2lb channel 1 5 lb channel 1 15 lb flathead 1 27 lb flathead :cowboy:
Good job bro! Excellent fish!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.