Pleasant surprise, BOC visitors

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Catfish Fever, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Had a real pleasant surprise yesterday evening, phone rang and Mike Holliday asked how do I get to your house, forgot since last time (4 years ago). After awhile, and a few missed turns, Tom McMurty(Old Prowler), Dale Finney(Dafin), Mike Holliday(Jholl1949) showed up. So I called my fishing buddy/neighbor Jerald Jenson(Catfish Quiver) to join us. They're sitting in the picture as named, I'm sitting between Mike and Jerald.
    Tom and Mike came up North to purchase a motor home(Tom) from a neighbor of Dales, Mike was along to drive Toms truck back to Oklahoma. Those three decided to come to JC and eat at Denny's, I was invited, but had to decline do to a project I was involved in just then, but I did invite them to visit. The graciously agreed to go 30 miles out of their way to come and have some coffee and visit. We had a great time talking Cat fishing, previous meeting and just had a great time rehashing some past memories. It was a great pleasure for me to have them visit. Jerald got to personally meet some of the BOC members , besides me for a change:rolleyes:, they left late yesterday evening heading back to Wamego, Dales stomping grounds. They all gave me a very enjoyable evening, the Frau enjoyed visiting with Tom and Mike again, and meeting Dale for the first time. Here's a pic of us.

Attached Files:

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    that's awesome.

Glad you all got the chance to get together for some BSing!!!

Now, sign up for Keystone and we will see you in June!

3. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    I agree that great, Its always nice to be supprised like that !

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    No one called me?? I could of crashed the party, LMAO.

Always great to have BOC brothers over.

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Thats great. I hope when I get some more years on these bones, me and my fishing buddies will still get together and hang out and talk catfishing. :)

6. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    That was a great surprise Jim. Great picture too. Now Tom will have a warm, dry place to camp when he comes to ElDorado.

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wow! Great looking room. I am jealous!

8. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That's really great, I hope to meet some BOC member's one day.:)

9. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Thank you all for your kind comments.

Bryan, You enjoyed that pic so much, just thought I'd add to your enjoyment;)
    here's a couple more pics. Another one on the next post.

Attached Files:

10. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Bryan, here's just one more.

Attached Files:

11. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Zakk, just put a gathering that'll be close by on your schedule. That'll give you a chance to meet a lot of them all at once.

12. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Tony, obviously you haven't looked at the Keystone gathering list very closely(?):) LOL

13. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Man o man Jim , that is an awesome room. I hope mine looks like that someday. :)

14. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Jim thank you and your wife for the good time. I enjoyed the visit.

15. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    There's a couple member's talking about doing one close by sometime soon, don't know if it will work out for sure but it would be great if it does!

If it dosen't I will help organize a local one or something one day.

Zakk:)

16. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Dale, you're very welcome in my home any time, the same goes for any of the BOC members that I'm fortunate enough to have pass this way, oh yeah, the Mod Squad too;) . We enjoyed your company too.

17. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Zakk, that would be the quickest way for you to meet some of the other guys and/or gals. Go to the "Gatherings" page, give every one a "Where" to focus in on, when everyone starts giving input, then work on the when, you'll be attending a "Local Gathering" before you know it, good luck.

18. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Zakk,
    Catfish Quiver and me are talking about going to Marion Lake for a weekend over nighter soon as the weather settles down, we'll mention the date before we go, I'm sure some of the members in that area that can make it would come for some fishing, meeting and Catfish frying.

19. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Jim: Just wanted to than you and Lydia for your hospitality. Its great seeing old friends and meeting new ones when ever or where ever it is BUT at your home it is most enjoyable. Thank You Both.

20. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Sound's good buddy.:)