Pleasant Stripers?

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ike whitson, Oct 1, 2006.

1. ike whitson

ike whitson New Member

State:
    ariz/northwest
    Not to get off the MAIN FISH, but, has anybody have any Knowledge on how to rig for those mean little buggers? We tryed them out for a few hour's last night and got a few small bites but couldn't hook anything. I tryed a dropper rig with about a 12" hook line and 18" weight line, a green crappie light, but had a hard time keeping the boat in one spot because of the wind, and, we fished the lake side of the tire line in front of the marina. I didn't try anchoring cause it's 150' deep and my line is only 150'. There were boats tyed to the tire line on both sides lake and marina. Anybody had any luck, or even tryed these area's? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as they sure seem to allued me, and, ( Yes I know thats not hard to do!:confused2: :confused2: ) but anyhow:0a35: :0a31:

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Opps, read it wrong...thought it was strippers.

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    tsk... tsk...:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    A bachelor's life is no life for a single man. ~~Samuel Goldwyn.

4. ike whitson

ike whitson New Member

State:
    ariz/northwest
    AwShucks,

Maybe you ought to check your prescription, I think you might be seeing DDOOUUBBLLEE !!!:big_smile_2: :big_smile_2: You know how it is when we get old, we seem to forget,can't see, and things don't work like they use too!!

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Stripers,
    A few friends of mine fished Plesant on Friday night and said they did real well at Castle creek.
    * They caught stripers and white bass.

~ Regarding rigging up for the Stripers, Cut anchovies work good and live minnoes or shad will catch stripers and White bass under the lights..

6. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Andy said it best,

Use cut anchovies or live medium-sized minnows. Stripers will range in depth depending on the water temps and time of year.

I have had the most luck fishing for them at Powell between 11pm to 3-4a.m. and then from about 6a.m. to 8-9a.m. I have caught stripers as deep as 120feet. The best thing to do though is to get some underwater lights. The stripers will come nearer to them because the lights draw in baitfish. As well, buy yourself an extra bag of anchovies and cut them into really small pieces and chum the water. I have learned that this really draws them in. Some people don't like to be generous, but for me, the more the better.

Ryan

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Dang I thought it said strippers to, I need to get new reading glasses:lol: .

8. shorepatrol

shorepatrol New Member

State:
    AZ
    try azbasszone.com

9. ike whitson

ike whitson New Member

State:
    ariz/northwest
    Appreciate the come back on the info. I'll probably give them a try again this week. Then get back on the CAT track.See you all out there!!!!:0a22: :0a22: :0a22:

10. Husker

Husker New Member

State:
    Scottsdale, Az.
    Ike, what day are you going to be at Pleasent? I and a couple of friends will be there Friday night. We will get there right at dark and start fishing inside the tires. I own a 18' 6" deep-v boat made by Spectrum it's white with a teal stripe and a 120 Force motor on it. I'll toss a white light in the water and start chumming to bring the fish in, if you hear some guys getting loud when the bite starts it will be us, as one guy has not fished for a long time and I hope to put him on fish. Last time out we took fish home and the size was 2-7 pounders. Kevin

11. ike whitson

ike whitson New Member

State:
    ariz/northwest
    Not sure? Right now I'm looking for someone who wants to go, my girlfriend has to work, and everybody else is either working,elk hunting,or up in washington. If I do get up there I'll look you up--- I'll be in a 17' white/silver Lund.
    GOOD LUCK HOPE YOU GET TO DO ALOT OF WHOOPIN & HOLLERIN!!!

12. Husker

Husker New Member

State:
    Scottsdale, Az.
    We will be there hope you make it to the lake.