Pleasant/Bartlett???

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Secret Agent, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Secret Agent

Secret Agent New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I've been fishing Roosevelt all summer so far and we are doing really well. Averaging 6-10 keeper size(10-20lbs) cats a night. We launch at Windy Hill and fish the north side in the mouths of coves. Been using shrimp on the bottom and we are anchored. Stangely enough we pick up one good flathead a night on shrimp??? thought the only took live bait?? All others are fat fat channels. Anyway Roosevelt is too far but ive never done any good at Bartlett. I dlike to learn what im doing wrong on that lake since it is only 30 minutes from my house? HELP!! Pleasant would be my second choice.

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    he picks up one good flathead a night. didn't say size. rest are channel cats. doesn't sound like he's killing the genes here. why you jumping on him?
    gary

3. Secret Agent

Secret Agent New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i didn't say we are keeping them I said keeper size wow if thats the kind of help i get for joining this site and supporting other fishermen no thanks.
    :eek:oooh::eek:oooh:
    I've tried blue gill carp ect... i think I'm just reading the water or holes wrong, i have it figured out at roosevelt but Bartlett is a mystery.

4. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    terry, keep the posts coming. you're doing nothing wrong. just we do have few that are hard corp C&R on here.
    gary

5. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    my son and I took three trips in june to bartlett each time we were succesful catching plenty of channels at night from the boat. my twelve year old cathing the most fish. we fished on the bottom using shrimp on slip rig. my son even caught his biggest channel using shrimp under bobber! We also caught a nice size flathead on shrimp around 12-13lbs let him back in the water though with most of the channels.

6. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    maybe it should mean, stop trying to cause hate and discontent! like your PM to me said. know didn't say that, but you are stirring up pot and he is new poster. why you doing this to him???
    gary

7. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    thanks skunko! I'll have to try that next time we go out there. I usually put a live blue gill on one of my poles but the bite seems a little slower. It's ok for me I have the patients. I like to use the shrimp more for my son the bite seems to come faster. helps to keep him busy and intrested.

8. Secret Agent

Secret Agent New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks Gary, some people just don't get it. And then wonder why the number of people hunting and fishing is decreasing.

anyway any ideas on Bartlett??

9. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    ya, cause it's ok to give the mercury-laden fish away, as long as it's to the homeless....:smile2:

sorry skunk....just bustin' your chops a little...

10. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    Billy, i know nothing about Bartlett. i'm down in yuma and only fish down in this area. guys up there are ones to tell you. wish i could though.
    like stated before, keep the posts coming.
    gary

11. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    friendly question, but hope you didn't fish with striper for flathead. thats a no no.
    welcome to site and you'll find good info here.
    gary

12. bass or bass?

bass or bass? New Member

State:
    North Phoenix Arizona
    The striper for bait was an accident. I was fishing for bait, caught the striper and didn't know it. Flathead struck striper and hooked on tiny #4 hook. The striper was still on the line above flatheads mouth when I finally boated the flathead. This was on a medium weight baitcast rod and reel I normally use for bass. Took about 15 minutes to boat this fish on that rig. Happy fishing.
    ~N.A.F.C.~B.A.S.S.~BoatU.S.~N.R.A.~

13. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    cool, didn't want to hear your fishing illigal or anything. been there and done that. caught one on small bass that it swallowed head first. dorsal fin got caught in throat and brought in.
    gary

14. Kubush

Kubush New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Ive seen that happen with a 1lb striper swallowed by an 8lb striper at Havasu.

15. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    B