Playoff tree

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by MattShannon, Sep 19, 2007.

Playoffs or Bowls?

1. Playoffs

2. BCS poll ranking games

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    What's your thoughts on the BCS system? Do you feel there should be a playoff tree? I think they could even out the conferences a little, cut back a couple games, and the best or best 2 of each conference go to a playoff bracket. What do you think? Bowl Championship Series or Playoffs?

First time I've posted a poll, hopefully this will work.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I think it would still be ran by humans and would not be subjective in picking who was going to play. Like this year... was Michigan really a number 5 team... was Texas really a number four (I think it was) team. How about the sports writer who voted in the poll who said he didn't know if Oklahoma won or lost (last year) so he voted them down in the poll. There are just too many supposedly responsible humans who don't know what they are doing, and now they are supposed to pick the best teams - never happen.

3. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Well I think both. I say use the top 16 of the final BCS poll, and use those teams in a playoff tournament. The BCS poll rankings could be used as the tournament seeding ( 1 vs 16, 2 vs 15, etc.) Do this in a playoff tree and name each game a specific bowl name. Then we could have bowl games, a playoff, and an undisputed national champ.