Playoff Time!!

Discussion in 'LilRyjoe's NBA Talk' started by LilRyjoe04, Apr 24, 2006.

1. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Well, it's that time of year guys!! Let's hear who you think will win the NBA Championship this year? We'll just make this the Playoff Talk thread. Hey, did anyone see the Pacers upset the Nets in New Jersey yesterday? Artest was telling the media that the Kings are going to win it all this year and the they got blown out by the Spurs!!:) What a moron!

2. sassyfish

sassyfish New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I would love to say the Pacers, but I am going to have to go with the Detroit Pistons because they play great defense, and they have playoff experience.

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    What up Ryan?

You know that I have to go with my boy "Shaq & D. Wade and the Miami Heat"! :boss:

Take it easy'
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

4. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    The Pacers are my team and everything, but I don't see them winning it all. They will probably pull off a first round victory against NJ, then face the Heat in the 2nd round and that will probably go 7 games, we might have a good chance. But when we get to Detroit, it's slim to none for us, we have to play our A+++ game every night. If we don't come out of the East, I would like to see Miami upset Detriot. Out of the West, I'm saying the Spurs, and I think they will win it all. I say they smash Detroit because they have a bench and the Pistons don't, but if they play the Heat which are a much more deep team, it will be a bigger challenge for them. GO PACERS!

5. treddinwater

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I almost forgot...the team I'm pulling for out of the west is the Clippers. Up 3-1 baby. I know it's a long shot, but I've been a Clips fan for a while and it's great to see them doing good. It's been a long time. Go Pacers and Clips!

6. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Sorry brother, but my Bulls are going to upset the Heat! :cool2:
    They wont win it all though. I think it's going to be the Spurs!

Eric

7. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Gonna have to go with the pistons. Too much experience and they are all healthy.

8. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I have to admit that I was one of the biggest critics of Kobe Bryant. But what I am seeing in these playoffs series is nothing but spectacular from Kobe. He is this years MVP without a doubt eventhough it was announced that Nash would be the MVP. Todays game has lifted him into Jordan category if he was not already in that category already. It was said that he was not a team player, did not make others around him better, was all about his self. But he has got every single one of his players involved. Increased his assists, and has scored less during the playoffs than the regular season. I would not be surprised if they make it to the western conference finals. Eventhough I have to say that I am going for the Clippers. If this meeting between the lakers and Clippers happen in the 2nd round its going to turn L.A. inside out. Thats going to be a great series.

9. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    The heat has to be scared now based on their performance in Chi town. The bulls took the heat out of them. They have to bounce back in Miami if they are going to stand a chance. The next game is a must win for them. Also todays fall out with Wade and Payton did not help matters at all. This shows the frustration on the team now. Riley has to reallly do some coaching and motivation to get these players on track. Shaq daddy has not played to his potential, or is he on his downslope in his career? It really is looking like the latter with him. I expect the heat to win the next game, if they don't, its pretty much over for them as Chicago has their esteem up high after winning the last 2 games.

10. treddinwater

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Clips vs. Suns, no good LA show down, but hey, the Clips in 6 or 7 in this series. It will be a good one. But the Suns without Stoudamire and Thomas don't have a frontline against Brand and Kaman.

11. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I am routing for the clippers eventhough they folded in the 4th quater last night. Next game is a must win for the Clippers. They must slow down the game and not run with the Suns. They have the advantage in the inside post.

I still can not believe the Lakers blew a 3-1 lead. What kind of mess was that? And Kobe did not seem to be into his game in the 2nd half of that game seven.

12. treddinwater

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Hey bluehunter...I can't believe the Clips dropped the first game, but I think they will come back strong in game 2. I never get to see any of the games out west unless they are friday night or saturday night games cause otherwise they are on at like 10:30 here. Didn't see that last game of the Lakers vs. Suns series, but people are really coming down hard on Kobe. But I guess when you are the star, you are most likely gonna take a lot of the blame or fame of a teams success or failure. I can't believe Miami, they got toasted by the Nets lastnight. As much as I love Shaq, he just looks like he's nearing the end of his career and I think he should definately hang it up before he ends up being one of the stars turned averaging 10 and 6 everynight.

13. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    The Clipps put up a nice showing but there is to much fire power for them to handle. The Suns streatch the defense so well it is hard to contain those outside shots and their big men have trouble keeping up with the pace of the game.. As long as the Suns dont go cold I say Suns in 6!! Sure like the way Elton played though!! I read in this thread were someone compared Bryant to Jordan. No way on earth are they even close. Ever see Jordan take the rest of a game off and pout? Heck NO. Ever see Jordan publically belittle opposing players when they did a good defensive job on him? No. Sure Bryant can make the shots. But he is a selfish little kid who pouts and crys if he doesnt get his way. I for one am glad the Suns smoked him and exposed him for what he truly is a pompas ass. I put him in the same catagory as Artest. I was also glad to see Bell take out Kobe!! He got what he deserved. As a side note whats wrong with Miami? Loosing big to the Nets?????

14. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    You must be a Phoenix fan LOL. I know the fans in the sun hate Kobe. I for one thought that Bell was a punk for doing what he did but oh well. Kobe did have his elbows bouncing around quite a bit.I was a big time critic of Kobe and believed he orcestrated the whole fall out with Shaq daddy who was King of L.A. I also thought that he was shelfish and only cared about scoring points. But after watching the lakers closely during the season, I found out one fact, Kobe had to score those points. No one else on the team had the ability or character to step up their game. Kobe carried this team on his sholders. If he did not do what he did during the season, they would have not made the playoffs, or maybe not have had anything near a 500 win percentage season. For one after this season, I believed he has elevated himself into the greatness category, and is in a class by himself equal to that of what Jordan and Magic was.

Jordan got on his team mates plenty of times during games if they did something out of character. Also Magic did. I do not think he took the time off in a game. Noticed that his points was less during the playoffs than the regular season. Why? Because Phil Jackson had a plan in which to go by and Kobe stuck to it. Even Phil said that Kobe stuck to the game plan. And without a doubt he did do that to prove a point. Just because he did not go off for 50 points like he normally does do not mean he called it off. Not to mentio that Kobe was double teamed and sometimes riple teamed in teh second half of the game. The Suns made it a point to not let Kobe score another 20 points in the second half like he did in the first half. With that in mind, the rest of the squad should steped up like Odom whom disappered during the last 2 games. Kwame who can not keep his hands on the ball, and Smush PArker who did played horrible the whole series. Kobe is wrongly criticized for the fall out. No one ever thought that the lakers who have made it as far as they did at teh beginning of the season. Therefore I call their season a success. They were one rebound away from taking the series in game 6.

15. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Ok, we can agree to disagree on the Lakers. No matter it was a good series and I would agree that if Kolbe had some help the out come may have been different. So have you converted to being a Clippers fan? I cant stand Cassel just because he has been such a Suns killer in the past and always seems make the big plays against us. This should be a good series as well. Cant wait to see what adjustment are made by both teams. I am also interested to see how Miami fares tonight. So far so good for Miami 2min left fist quarter and its 31 to 13 in favor of Miami.

16. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I am a more of a Clipper fan than a laker fan. The clippers do not get much love in Los Angeles like they should compared to the Lakers. Even now with them playing in the playoffs, you still hear more Laker talk than Clipper talk on the sports stations. Last nights game was good for them. If they can win game 3 than I say that the Clippers stand a good chance to win the series. They have the home court advantage now. Lets see if they can hold on and win. They had 50 plus rebounds compared to the Suns 27 which gave them more opportunities.

17. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    The Suns really had a rough outing last night. They did not seem to come out with the intensity of previous games. Its a long series and I am excited to see how they fair in the next two games.Even the crowd seemed flat. Its hard to dislike the Clipps and I sure am glad they made it deeper then the Lakers in the playoffs. LA should be giving the Clipps some love they have come a long, long way!!

18. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    SUNS All the way :cool2: :cool2:​

19. treddinwater

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I'm still standing by the Clips, even though I do enjoy watching the Suns. I was always a big Suns fan when I first started watching bball, ah the days of Barkley, KJ, Cedric, and Marlejie. But I just can't see them pulling this off without Stoudamire and Kurt Thomas, Diaw and Marion are doing their best to hold down the inside, but it's gotta be tough on them bodying up bigger guys night in and night out. I think next year the Suns will definately be in the top 5 teams with a lineup of Nash, Bell, Marion, Diaw, and Amare. And I'm still mad that the Pacers let James Jones go to free agency last year, the Suns got a solid player with a good future.

20. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    The Spurs are having a rough time with the Mavericks and face elimination if they don't win tonight.:eek:oooh: What has happened to this big bad San Antonio spurs team? Tim Duncan is good and all but he lacks agressiveness insided and depends on fifteen foot bank shots far to often. Dallas is giving it to them! The Pistons are tied up 2-2 with the Cavs, and the only player the Cavs have is King James.:confused2: I think Rasheed should just keep his mouth shut and maybe they would have better chemistry and win. I still think the Pistons will win the series but I look for a Western Conference team to win it all this year. My prediction is that Miami will be playing Dallas in the NBA Finals this year.:crazy: