Play of the Day!

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by floundahman, Dec 17, 2007.

1. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I was watching the Dallas-Philly game last night. Brian Westbrook taking a seat at the 1 yd. line instead of going in for the TD was the most unselfish play I've ever seen. A TD would have given the Eagles a 2 score lead and probably the win. Taking a seat gave the Eagles a first down with 2:00 to go inside the Cowboy's 2. All the Eagles had to do was take a knee, ballgame over. That play won't see a stat sheet anywhere, but to me that was the play of the day!

2. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

That move showed a buch of class on Brian Westbrook and the Eagles. Bill Cheatchick and the Cheatriots should learn from this one.

Show some class, will ya!

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I bet that play messed up a lot gamblers and fantasy players! :wink: :smile2:

4. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I believe he wanted to have the clock keep running, had he gone in the end zone the clock would have stopped and Dallas would have got the ball back, with a chance to score.

The play of the week for me was the Dolphines receiver that cought the pass on OT to win the game.

5. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Tuff Luck! Although I think the Eagles season is over, I will remember that play for a longtime.GO EAGLES in 2008.:wink:

6. PhillyCatcatcher4

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    That play was nice aswell.:big_smile:

7. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    The Eagles play showed alot of class but it was also good clock managment Iwill also throw abone to Tampa Bay first kickoff return in team history

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Yes, it was a class play but at the same time if he goes in for the TD the Eagles are up by 11 with a minute to play. Dallas had no timeouts and would have to score a TD plus 2 pt. conversion and a field in one minute to tie. Plus what if Philly would have somehow managed to fumble a snap on one of the kneel downs. Its happened before! :crazy: I'm not taking anything away from Westbrook, it was very unselfish and something you rarely see these days but if that was my team I might have preferred he went in for the score.

9. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I don't get it, now teams don't have to score to be classy teams? so keep all scores within 7 points are you show class?!?!

how far are you guys going to take that class shi...?

10. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    how come noone says anything when another team scores a bunch of points on a game, the Eagles did it to Detroit early in the year, Chargers did it to the Cardinals yesterday. so what is the deal?
    here are some of the scores that nobody said anything about
    Week 1
    Steelers 34 Browns 7
    Week 2
    Steelers 26 Buffalo 3
    Packers 35 Giants 13

Week 3
    Dallas 34 Bears 10
    Eagles 56 Detroit 21
    Steelers 37 SF 16
    Week 4
    Raiders 35 Miami 17
    Dallas 35 Rams 14
    Week 5
    Charges 41 Broncos 3
    Redskins 34 Detriot 3
    Steelers 21 Seahawks 0
    Week 7
    Colts 29 Jacksonville 7

and like these many others but most of you just want to bash the Patriots because they are beating everyone, seems to me some of you guys are just jelous or upset your team got bet up.
    Now tonight my Bears will play the Vikings, we all know the Vikings have a better offence than the Bears, how close are they going to have to keep it to show class? If I use your way of looking at things tomorrow I will be bashing the Vikings because my team could not compete with them.
    Stop the hate people and enjoy the games.

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    :smile2:

yep, if you win by more than 7, you have no class around here!:0a10:

that's why the eagles and chargers get no love this week:wink:

you're right, Luey, some guys couldn't watch an nfl game if they weren't allowed to hate:big_smile:

12. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    What makes it more classy is that Brian Westbrook in his contract gets extra money or bonuses for scoring touchdowns. The more he scores, the more bonus $ he gets.

He could have easily been looking after himself and went for the bling-bling, but instead, showed how much class he and his organization has.

13. PhillyCatcatcher4

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    :eek:oooh: Oh now you think the Eagles are classy?

14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    They got my respect by hanging with NE and exposing thier weakness all with a 2nd string. Baltimore figured it out and so did Mangini.

Then with the beating of Dallas, they are OK in my book.

15. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I don't think its about class at all its about winning!

score the TD and dallas gets the ball back with just under 2 minutes. with no time outs its improbibale they come back BUT possible.

all the eagles needed to win the game was a first down. Westbrook didn't do the "classy" thing He did the smart thing. He took the sure win by downing the ball.

16. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota

I thought my Vikes were classy by giving your bears all them turnovers and only winning by 7. That's class.

17. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Brad, you took the words right out of my mouth, I couldn't agree more. I will add that Westbrook recieved more press yesterday by not scoring than he would have had he run in for the touchdown. So, was it really so classy or selfless? I dunno, in the heat of the moment I doubt he was thinking about what people would say on Monday morning. Perhaps it really was a man putting team above self. Make no doubt, it was done to win the game.

Jon

18. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I thought it was classless of Urlacher to have 2 sacks, 1 INT, 1 fumble recovery, greety bast....All in all a very classless defence for not allowing the Vikings to score more.:angry:

one good play would have been suficient.