Plaxico Burress

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by ozzy, Dec 1, 2008.

1. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    :tounge_out::smile2::tounge_out::smile2::smile2:

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    He's looking at a manditory 3 1/2 in prison! Then of course he's a celebrity so we shall see! :wink:

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Needs to try a short course on how to handle a handgun :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    According to police, Burress could face criminal charges if he is not licensed to carry a concealed weapon in New York.
    Doesn't matter if he is license or not. Your not allowed to carry a weapon in a place that makes its profit from 51% sells of alcohol and consumed on the property.

I believe He had a 5 year $35 million contract and guaranteed $11 mil.
    I never could understand someone screwing up after making millions in sports or any job. Even blowing it all on over spending.
    Throw it all away, chance jail time. Why?. Me, I would walk the line if I made millions in sports or whatever.
    Hard work for Financial security should be appreciated, not abused. He screwed up but not as bad as others have and gotten many more chances.
    He will be back playing this year. They all get several chances.

5. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Bear in mind that the majority of professional athletes don't get hired for their IQ, acedemic achievments or their common sense.
    Big, tall or fast is usually enough for them to make (not earn) their money. If they had to make it in the real world a lot of them would get no further than "Would you like fries with that?"
    ...W

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Plax didn't get accepted to Michigan State to be on the Academic team.

Hey Winston, I see you are form Sheridan, Indiana. My roomate was from there and of course, Brett Law.

Are they still a football powerhouse?

7. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Blacky,
    That's exactly my point. We shouldn't be too surprised when they do dumb things

Yes, indeed they are...W

8. NewMexicoCatfisher

NewMexicoCatfisher New Member

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    He won't get charged, they would have to prove he was using it for criminal purpose. So he won't be charged with Criminal Possession, he will most likely end up with a fine.

I do think the Giants will drop him though, and he will probably end up on the Cowboys..

9. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    He'll be playin for the cowboys next year.:smile2:

10. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Saw on a Football news blurb regarding this, and a comment like,,," Football players have no business owning firearms/guns anyway",,, the other announcer immediately agreed saying something like, Well, of course not...

That bothered me a lot, being on National TV.. A real quick general blurb against firearms...:eek:oooh:

the NFL as a whole, spends a lot of money on these clowns, and has to educate them on how to be decent, human,How to be A Man, , how to possess good sportsmanship, maybe, how to be a bit humble, but, it doesn't look like that is working too well,,,..
    Then why the heck, can't they spend some energy, time, money, on firearms safety, responsibility, legal aspects...???????:angry:
    Since so many of them make such bad decisions regarding firearms...

As usual, a small percentage get all the coverage... Morons

11. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    That guy is an idiot, Brett Favre owns guns and hunts, just doesnt take them in bars that serve alcohol. When these players goof up they should just get rid of them permanent, theres many more to pick from the draft pool.

12. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    He made a major mistake that could have been worse if the bullet hit someone else, but we have to look at the mind set of a lot of these atheletes. Common sense to us is not always generated in their minds. That is evident by him bringing a gun in the club. Most clubs do a pat down upon entering, apparently he got the ok through security, or he was not patted down at all by way of VIP/celeb status. He is a millionaire that ought to be walking on solid ground, but a lot of them have this don't forget where I come from attitude and still like to hang out in environments that they came from before they made the big dollars. Sometimes hanging out in those environments may require the need to protect yourself from theives and robbers who may try to take your gold, car, etc. He is not the first one to be caught with weapons in his possesion, IE Allen Iverson, and a few others. Yes he was the first idiot to shoot himself is very true though. He should have did the smart thing with his money and either stayed home and had a party or at least have security guards with him or off duty police to cover his back instead of him doing the wrong move of bringing a gun himself. Not the thing for a man with big money to do and I guess no one gave him the memo on how to conduct his self in public being a celebrity with dollars.

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I hear that the hospital didnt report the incident and is under investigation.

14. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Actually, Strahand made a comment about how the Giants have police officers and other people come in during training camp to explain everyone in the team, rookies and vets about the laws in the state of NY, since the laws may be different in the different states they are coming from. According to him they talk about posesing a gun and carrying a concealed gun and what the consecuences it may have. So I think the team did their part trying to educate their players.

Wheater Burress payed attention in those mettings is a different deal, I think this one is all on him. I said it before in anothere thread, these primadona players in any sport need to grow up and stop making teenager type mistakes. Lock him up and have him be an exemple of a gifted player gone stupid.

The NFL also has every year rookie orientation seminars, they teach them how to use their money, take care of themselves and many other things they need to know after they sign a millioner contract.

:smile2:

15. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    His new name should be "CHEDDAR BOB BURRESS" !!!! LMAO !!!! What an idiot !!!!

16. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hi Luey,
    Thanks for your post,,, Good to know...

Looks like the idiot just crapped in his mess kit

17. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    wonder why pittsburgh didn't keep him??,lol

what a waste of a darn good football player,and i am sure there were a few kids who wanted to grow up to be like him.

18. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    "Actually, Strahand made a comment about how the Giants have police officers and other people come in during training camp to explain everyone in the team, rookies and vets about the laws in the state of NY, since the laws may be different in the different states they are coming from. According to him they talk about posesing a gun and carrying a concealed gun and what the consecuences it may have. So I think the team did their part trying to educate their players.
    Wheater Burress payed attention in those mettings is a different deal, I think this one is all on him."

----------------------
    I refer you to , metalman post #5. "Would you like fries with that?"

And Yea, Jerry jones will pick him up next year. LMAO:tounge_out:

19. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    lmao,yeah,add to the long list

20. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona