plattsburg boat ramp smithville

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by cats only, Apr 2, 2009.

1. cats only

cats only New Member

State:
    missouri
    Does anyone know if the water has come up enough to use the boat ramp?

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I dont know if it is. BUt I would think with all the rain it would be.
    Tom

3. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    The last I heard was they were letting water out and the lake was 3 ft low last week.

4. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ozzy and I were up there 3 weeks ago and the ramp is silted in worse than I have ever seen it. I had to use the trolling motor to out into the channel.

5. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    Clay county now charges a $5000 water fee for you to use that area. If you don't pay the fee they'll throw down their rod and staff and part the water so you can't launch your boat.:eek:oooh:

6. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    Didn't they put that ramp in for the so the citizens of Plattsburg to have free access and wasn't it put into an agreement between the city and COE? The fine people of Plattsburg need to rise up and revolt against the silt. A ramp that you can't use...

7. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    Yes but if the silt makes it impossible to use the fine people there will be forced to use a ramp that is within park boundries where you have to pay to get in. CHACHING!

8. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I talked to one of the farmers down the road over the weekend. He said I could use his front end loader if I wanted, I like that boatramp it gives a guy with a smaller boat alot more time to fish instead of running from W HWY.

9. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Went to the ramp saturday afternoon, Got the boat of the trailer and backed up another ten feet and hit mud. There is about 30 - 40 feet of 10 inch water in front of the ramp. I did get across it, but drug the bottom a the way. If the water level came down any more that night I would have been SOL. Its probably ok for smaller boats.

10. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I talked with corp today and they said that it would be awhile before they will do anything about it. Try the Arnold rd ramp it is pretty good one.