Plattin Rock boat club today 3-24-08

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Ol Swampy, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Here is a shot from this morning looking out to the water from the clubhouse. Water is still high and hopefully on the way down.
    Jon
    [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Jon

2. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    thanks for the info Jon. I sure hope its going down

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Its definitely on the way down. Roughly between 1 and 2 feet per day. Current predictions have the river stage in the low 20's by the end of March. Of course that level only takes into account precipitation expected in the next 24 hours. Anything beyond the next 24 hours is a "best guess".

Thanks for the photo. I can tell Im not missing too much this week. :wink:

4. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Now you didnt drive into that restricted area did you? if so one of the old farts would have a stern word with you

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The waters are high around here to hopefully they will go down shortly

6. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Jerry,
    No I didn't, I am sure I would have gotten an ear full though. Actually my wife took these with her phone this morning and emailed them to me. Her parents live right up the hill from the club and she drove down there to see how high it was. It is amazing she give me river updates and complains when I am on it too much!
    Thanks,
    Jon

7. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I drove past those signs today, and got some evil looks. I guess thats a no no. I wanted to see the ramps and the water at 1:00 was a lot lower than that picture so it must be dropping pretty fast. There was hardly any water on the right and the top of the ramp was showing. You could launch a boat from it right now. There were a few barges out there and I didn't see a whole lot of debris coming down. I would of launched a boat today and felt safe about it. I know there is plenty of time left for the tournament and it could change but if it keeps going the way it is and we aren't affected too much by the release of some lakes; I would say we will have our tournament. Here is a picture of the ramps at 12:30 today.

[​IMG]

8. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Good work guys. Now if you'll just post a photo each day, you'll get an atta-boy! Keep us informed!:cool2:

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I agree, a pic a day would be good to ease my stress-fest over the water levels.:smile2:

I am Missouri-Bound (Finally), in about 36 hours!! WOO-HOO! :big_smile: Man, this was a looooooong trip. I am now edumacated, sort of.:wink:

Now where's my Rolaids??????:crazy:

10. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Thanks for the pictures guys. I'm glad to see it is dropping. I walked to the ramp yesterday and took that picture with my phone, and it was all the way up to where the gravel meets the blacktop. :big_smile:

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    WOW, looks like she is dropping very quickly. Thanks for the photos guys. Another day, and shell be below the top of the ramp. If we dont get alot of rain, and the river keeps dropping as forcast, we should be able to get the docks in on Saturday.

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Also, I'm seeing on the weather charts two big pressure gradients forming on both sides of the Midwest. That usually equates to some 30-40 mile per hour winds coming in the next day or so. That will help dry out things pretty quickly as well. :wink:

13. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    that is great to hear! i was almost stranded on a island two years ago because the water dropped so quick. when i parked my boat i was in 2 and half foot of water when i got done hunting it took 5 guys to slide my boat 25 foot across a sand bar and back to the water. that was in 9 hours of hunting.:crazy:

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

Jason, you wouldnt be the first to leave a boat sitting high and dry. Someone told me a story from a few years back of a huge cabin cruiser yacht that went up a sleu to anchor for a night of sleep, and when they woke up they were canted over to one side sitting high and dry. It was told to me it was going to cost 150 Thousand dollars to have the boat dredged out, and the owner decided to wait until the next high water which took a little over a year. :smile2: Dunno if its true or not, but wouldnt surprise me.

15. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I get off work today at 4, and I have a doctor's appointment at 4:30. Since I work next to my doctor's office, I will have a little time to kill before I have to be there. I'll run down to the boat club and get another "daily" update. Hope things are still looking good.:wink:

16. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Wind is most definitely blowing around here today, and (not to be a stick in the mud) but that 3 days of more rain and then next week even more should be just enough to wash the ramps off for ya :wink: :big_smile:

17. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
  18. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    7 of the next 10 days have a chance of rain. That aint good for the rivers. But they arent known for pin point accuracy.

19. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I ran over to the ramp at lunchtime, and the water is going down pretty quick. The last 4 feet or so of the ramp is now above water, which makes the ramp useable. The ground is soggy, and the parking lot is pretty muddy, as of now. Hopefully it dries out a bit before we get rained on again.:roll_eyes:

20. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    sounds like everything is going to work out for the Classic. that great news!! Is any of you guys going to be down there sunday morning? My partner and i are wanting to do a little scouting sunday morning and would like to use the boat club ramp. Don't we need to be with a member to use the ramp??