Platte River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by bgoodman498, Mar 28, 2007.

1. bgoodman498

bgoodman498 New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    DOES ANYBODY FISH THE PLATTE RIVER IN PLATTE CITY? I'M THINKING ABOUT HEADING UP THERE THIS WEEKEND. JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAD ANY TIPS ON THIS AREA.

2. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Brian,

I have fished the Platte River around Platte City from the bank and from a canoe. Never had much luck! I have tried the river access there at Hampton/Farley Rd and the one just north of Platte City (can't remember that one's name) with the same results. IMO - I would try fishing the Platte River over around Farley, at the Schimmel City access or under the railroad bridge just off of 45 Highway. I always seemed to do better at these locations. By the way, welcome to the BOC!

3. Parker

Parker New Member

State:
    Weston, Missouri
    the one out of platte city is called Sharp Station

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    You can also try the duck head in platte falls. There's other places to access the river there too. The platte has a nice number of small flatheads at least when I last fished it.

5. R2800

R2800 New Member

State:
    MO
    I fished the Platte River last year at Platte City at humpreys access & sharps station quite a bit. Didn't have much luck on rod & reel using blue gill. Caught some smaller one's on stink bait. Did set a couple of throw lines with 2 hooks each & caught a 30 lb blue a small flathead. I talked to a DNR guy that fishes it & also tags fish in that river & he says there's alot of big fish in that river. I've got a small boat this year I'm going to try to find some holes.

6. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brian

I am with Crazy. I have caught a bunch of nice little cats (1 to 5 LB). I have also caught some good Flats and lost one big fish. I never saw it but my story is it was a good one. I have had the best luck after a little rain in Platte city..........:wink: