Platte River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by hereflattieflattie, Jun 23, 2009.

1. hereflattieflattie

hereflattieflattie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anyone know if the Platte river is fishable at Sharps Station from the bank? Gonna be camping nearby at a lake and I really want to get a line in the river. I have never been there but know there is a boat ramp.
    Thanks.

2. big bolt

big bolt New Member

State:
    camden point misssouri
    it is decent but it is still fairly high and dropping. Down stream of the rock riffles has a decent bank to fish from. It held pretty good shape after the flood. i drive by there every evening as i live 3 miles away. i haven't pulled in and looked at the ramp since the water went down. I may swing in there tomorrow on the way home and give you an update.

3. Missouricathunter25

Missouricathunter25 New Member

State:
    Weston, Missouri
    Rusty and Steve,

I was thinking bout putting the boat in Sharps station and set some lines tomorrow. Any of you want to join me you can. Thanks

4. hereflattieflattie

hereflattieflattie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks guys. I plan on fishing down there Friday and Saturday night. Would love to join you Missouri Cat hunter but I can't make it out tomorrow. Good luck, hope you get a bigun
    Steve

5. big bolt

big bolt New Member

State:
    camden point misssouri
    I went by and checked out the ramp and it was cleaned off and in pretty good shape. I can't go tomorrow either though i wish i could.