Platte River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by nkccatman, Jun 7, 2009.

1. nkccatman

nkccatman New Member

State:
    mo
    Caught a little flatty on the Platte yesterday.Had two more on but lost them both.Caught on a small sunfish in a logjam.

Attached Files:

2. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    nice Catch doing better than me lol.

3. Missouricathunter25

Missouricathunter25 New Member

State:
    Weston, Missouri
    Wade great catch. Looks like you were at Farley under the 45 bridge. I have been doing well this year out of the Platte. Try bullheads for bait. Flattys love them in the Platte. That is all I use. Good luck

4. big bolt

big bolt New Member

State:
    camden point misssouri
    I have been fishin in the Platte since i was a lil one and I haven't used bullhead yet. I plan to try it out now that i found a pond that is over run with em. The 44# flat in my avatar was caught in the platte on a bluegill. i Hope it settles down soon so i can get into some of my favorite spots.
    good luck to all you fellas

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Rusty.

6. Missouricathunter25

State:
    Weston, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Rusty. What parts of the Platte do you fish? The flatty in my avatar was also caught out of the Platte with a bullhead as bait. 47 lb it was. I usually fish up north around Sharps Station and Edgerton and Burton Bridge. Yeah the Platte was going back down but now with all the rain we are getting now looks like we will have to wait a little longer :sad2::sad2:. Hope to see you out there sometime Rusty. Good luck.

7. big bolt

big bolt New Member

State:
    camden point misssouri
    Hey Chad i live 3 miles from sharps station and do a little fishin around there i also put in at my grandpas place in Platte city. I have had the best Luck over by schimmel city close to where it dumps into the mighty Mo. Man there was a lot of crap coming down the river today. looks like it will be at least another week before we can get back on there. Do you usaully fish from the bank or do you get out in a boat and get away from where everyone else is gettin to?

8. ljensen

ljensen New Member

State:
    mo
    Hey guys come a little further north and try where the third fork and platte meet. Used to be a good hole and brush pile there. I have limited out on flathead there more than once. South of Angency is pretty good to. Burton brings back good memories. Maybe we can get together sometime, not many years back was a platteriver rat, good times now fish the missouri all the time. Go out to the end of the platte and straight across to those eddies, they are pretty good.

9. big bolt

big bolt New Member

State:
    camden point misssouri
    Hey Larry thanks for the info. It might be pretty cool to get together with some different guys and go fishin. I would like to think we could probably swap some info that could help each other out too. After the River gets back down we may have to give it a shot

10. Missouricathunter25

State:
    Weston, Missouri
    Rusty I usually boat fish with my grandpa's 16 ft jon boat. He lives about half a mile from burton bridge. We usually put in at his neighbors land but when it got out last time it changed the bank were you can't slide the boat in as easy. We also put in at Edgerton as it has easier acess to put in. We should get together next week sometime. Larry wouldn't mind meeting up with you as well. I usually put bank lines out though. Do you Rusty? Message me I think we are related Rusty cause my grandpa is a hill and I know of Coons in Platte City.

11. big bolt

big bolt New Member

State:
    camden point misssouri
    I can't fish next week because I am goin to mexico. I will be back the 30th so we'll have to see whet it's like then i guess.