Platte River fishing near Farley

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Missouricathunter25, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Missouricathunter25

Missouricathunter25 New Member

State:
    Weston, Missouri
    Looks like the fishing is good in the Platte River above Farley. Got a total of ten cats. 5 blues, 3 flatheads and 2 channel cats. the biggest one was a 14 pound blue. the flatheads were 11 pounds, 8 pounds and 5 pounds. the other blue were 5 pounds a piece and the channels were 5 pounds also. just wanted ya to know plaate river is good fishing. :big_smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XEbfKlNNIFA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m1tZYJO3Fws

2. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Ya musta had 2# weights on your line.When I crossed over the Platte on the way to St.Joe it wasalmost at flood stage,current was a rippin!!:eek:oooh:

3. Missouricathunter25

State:
    Weston, Missouri
    :crazy:No they were caught on bank lines using carp minnows as bait. Platte river must be rising since friday. It was falling on Friday. they must have gotten alot of rain up north.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Chad. The Platte is a good river to fish. Lot of big ones have come out of there.

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Chad welcom to the BOC. Congrats the the good fish that you caught. I fished the platte one time many years ago. I would like to try it again. Is there still a boat ramp around there. I know there used to be. Could someone give me directions to it if there is. Thanks in advance for the info.

Tom

6. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    Very nice night! Congrats on your fish!

7. Missouricathunter25

State:
    Weston, Missouri
    Tom. Yes there is a ramp in Farley. Go into town and keep going straight until you see a gravel road. take a rght on the gravel road and follow it. there should be signs there. not that hard to find at all. i hope to get back in there this weekend. Thanks everyone. I had a bigr one yet that we didn't land. We were guessing it was a 40 lb. flathead. had a nice head and stuff broke the darn hook. :crazy:

8. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Thanks Chad. If I get some time in July maybe I will see you there.

Tom

9. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Welcome Chad, I might just ry my luck up there this weekend?

10. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Fishin has been pretty slow on the north side of the I-29 bridge since iceout, but I am glad to hear someone cathcing fish on the Platte. I live 2 miles from the Sharps Station bridge, mostly fish north of the the mouth of the Little Platte. It should really turn on in the next couple of weeks as long as the river drops about 15 feet.

Good Luck and be careful