Platte River bite is on finally!!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Missouricathunter25, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Missouricathunter25

Missouricathunter25 New Member

State:
    Weston, Missouri
    Went out with grandpa on wed night, thursday and thursday night. It was 2 beautiful nights. We ended up with 11 fish total. 7 channel cats. The biggest was 10 lbs. 3 flatheads. The biggest flathead was 9 lbs 8 oz. And 1 blue at 6 lbs. Had a blast with grandpa seeing the willow lines bend down into the water lol. So it looks like the bites are coming on good now. Good luck and happy fishing to all. P.S. i will try to post pics as soon as i can figure out my camera lol. :smile2:

2. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    Congrats! Sounds like you and ur grandpa had a memorable time.

3. KAYAK CAT KILLER

KAYAK CAT KILLER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Enjoy every second. I wish I had more experiences fishing with my grandfather. Congrats on the successful outing:wink:

4. MoDamselfly

MoDamselfly New Member

State:
    Mo
    Sounds like yall had a great night. Congrats.

5. Missouricathunter25

Missouricathunter25 New Member

State:
    Weston, Missouri
    And when we pulled the 7 lb flathead up it was tagged and grandpa didnt know what it was lol :smile2: so i explained to him what it was and then took it out of the flathead and scrapped the mud off of it and it was a pink tag for 150.00 bucks. that was worth the trip. so me and grandpa are spliiting the money lol. i got it sent off to mdc in clinton. what are the odds of getting 150.00. So my grandpa said now he is gonna play the powerball maybe we will win again lol. :smile2::smile2:. i couldn't believe it was worth 150.00 either until i seen reward 150.00 on top. has any other boc brothers or sisters caught a tagged flat or blue? thanks and good luck fishing.

6. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    Glad to hear you and grandpa had such a memorable night i have only ever seen tags in magazine articles just thought they were a hoax lol happy someone on the boc caught one

7. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    see catfishing is one of the few addictions that can pay for itself....lol:wink:
    nice job! congrats on the good night.

8. four cattin

four cattin New Member

State:
    missouri
    hey guys nice fish what part of the platter you fishing was up there in june and caught 24 mixer of blues and flathead and channel then went back in july and did the same fishing has been really good for us up on the platte we put in at schimell and camped at humpreys access good seeing people on the platte river it has really changed alot since i was a kid you to go with my dad years ago.

9. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the report Chad.

10. four cattin

four cattin New Member

State:
    missouri
    good job platte was up there in july and aug and caught 24 in july and 18 in aug planning another trip real soon where you put in at we was at humpreys access