Platium Power Builts

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kkyyoottee, Sep 4, 2007.

1. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Holy cow has anyone seen or shot these babies? They are spendy like 16 bucks but I dont want to change the fodder Im shooting now. But might be fun to play with. The ones I saw were 270 grains and I am using 295 now and having great results. Let me know

2. bn2hunt

bn2hunt New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I used the 270gn last year and had great results. I shot 2 deer last year with them. One was 140 yrds 2 inches low and a pass through with excelent expansion, didn't go 10 yrds. The other one was pushed by a group on the neibors farm. Shot her @ 15 yrds droped her in her tracks, darn near ran me over had to wave my arms to get her to turn. I have also shot the copper plated powerbelts, and I don't get near the down range velocities with them. I shot a deer a couple of years ago and it didn't even pass through I found the slug fully mushroomed against the skin but it didn't pass through. To be fair she only went 10yrds as well. But I would much rather have 2 holes for blood to leak out, makes a lot easier tracking.

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I just saw the platnium bullets the other day. At almost $2.00 a round, I don't think I'll be trying them any time soon. They can't be that much better than a lead bullet.

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sometimes I feel like bullet folks are like fishing lure manufacturers. Their products are designed to catch fishermen as much as fish.:smile2: