Platin Rock Boat Club

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Kutter, May 29, 2008.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Everybody, sit down for a second. Ok, all of you sitting? Alright, I went fishing today. Not a cloud in the sky. I know, cause I caught a good sunburn. Does this make winter officially over?
    Originally, the plan was to put the boat in and tie it to the dock so I could work on the trailer. I brought everything I needed, except new bunks boards. Most everything turned out fine, except I need new bunk boards, of course. No sense working on the trailer till I get them installed.
    That freed me up to take the Kutters Katter out for it's maiden 2008 journey. Started on the first turn of the key and ran great all morning. The river was down a lot since I had seen it last. Local told me it had dropped a foot overnight. Helped move the dock further out and clear away debris before heading out.
    Didn't take long finding bait once I figured that the shad were not up in the creeks, but sitting at the entrance. Found plenty more than I needed in about 10-15 minutes. I tried out the 12 ft cast net for the first time after first buying it in 2003. I had been able to work myself up to the 10 ft'er last year. Found out I need to stick with the 10 ft'er awhile longer, or grow a ft taller. Doesn't matter, they both wear me out after only a few casts.
    Went upstream a few miles and tried the rip rap, no luck, drifted down to the entrance to St Joachim Creek and anchored out. Fished for a couple hours before heading back to the ramp. Didn't get skunked, but didn't catch anything worth weighing or taking a pic of.
    Other than the burn, it was a very nice day to be out on the river.

2. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Sounds like an official declaration to me made by our own Mr. Kutter...

"WINTER IS OVER"

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT

Woo Hoo!!! That is great news, thanks for the report Kutter!!!

4. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    WTG Tom, I knew you could get that cloud off your back:wink::wink:
    Thanks for the report buddy

5. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    I done believe it, Kutter went fishing?:eek:oooh:

6. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    And remarkably it didnt rain a drop. At least not here.

7. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Congrats Tom.. So now that Summer is officially here when are we going fishing..

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Hmmm, I guess it calls for a new avitar.

9. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!
    Kutter has emerged from his cave!! (and it didn't rain one drop!!):smile2::smile2:

Congrats Kutter you deserve a change in your avatar!:wink:

10. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Way to go Tom! You didn't go up the Meremac today did ya? I saw a guy in a boat like yours heading down the Meremac today at around 6:30. Aaron and I whent out tonight as well. I lost the biggest catfish that I have ever had on. After fighting him for about 1 minute the hook pulled loose. Man I feel sick to my stomach still.

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I vote for Tom to Keep the Avatar. He will ALWAYS be the Rainmaker in my eyes. :roll_eyes:

Its Okay Ryan, the pain will go away in about a week. Hate you lost a good one buddy.

12. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Sorry to hear that Pumpkin. There might be another one some day.

13. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Don't listen to him Ryan, you will relive the loss over and over and over........:smile2:

I am still cryin over the big one that trashed my driftmaster and broke my 50 lb leader all in one split second when I had my drag locked down. That fish grows in proportion every time I revisit the dreadful memory of that fateful day..... CHEERS!:smile2:

14. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    He is up to somewhere in the 100 lb range right now and I still don't ever think I will be right again.

15. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois
    Ryan i know how you feel:cry: we have all been there done that, you would be kidding yourself to think this will be the last time it happens:smile2:

16. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois
    Trust me it gets a little easier as time goes by and the more you lose!:smile2:

17. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I don't know Jason, I have just been sulking around and listening to a lot of old country music. I guess if I look on the bright side I still have my truck and dog.

18. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    LMAO!!!! Yeah but if you keep going with your current work habits, you won't have the truck anymore!!! :wink::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

19. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    ROFLMFAO X 100000!!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::eek:oooh:

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    LMAO with Grumper X a MILLION