Plastic Frogs for Bass

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by flannelman, Apr 8, 2006.

1. flannelman

flannelman New Member

This question is towards all of the few bass fishermen here. I usually throw plastic frogs during the summer but was curious, when is the best time to throw a frog? Also, wat is the best way to fish them? Sub surface or Topwater?

2. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Might want to consider asking Katmaster Jr.:0a10:

3. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    For me the best time to throw a frog is when ya find a spot with lots of lilly pads in about 1' - 4' of water or where the cat tails reach into the water from the bank. I use them from spring to fall.
    On top of the water is the way I like to use them.

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use them on any cover. love to pull them on to something ,let it set a few seconds then pull in the water and let it start to dead fall. Gulp now has frogs that are heavy and with legs that fish love. the fish tell me that gulp stuff tast great.

5. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
    yeah i saw a tv show on oln where they were using those new gulp frogs and showing the leg action look like a good lure might ride up to walmart later to see if i can get a pack or 2-------------------------------------------------when i go to my grandmothers farm in the spring since since she has 2 ponds stocked 50 years ago and lives on 80 acres of land so in the fall i never fish in it since im huntin' but when i do i use a scum frog and i cast it into lilly pads and drag it on top of a lilly pad the drag it back off after a few secs and that just drives the largemouths crazy caught a few 4 pounders this way
    hope this helps

bigfatcat

6. flannelman

flannelman New Member

yah, i myself have caught my biggest bass on a frog. 9LBS. pretty good for up north eh?:p that was in the summer of last year....so i guess ijust answered my own question.lol