Planning to go below Old Hickory Dam Sunday

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by Catfish_Scooter, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Does anyone else wanna meet me down there? Im going for skips and may fish for cats.

2. 01ssrms

01ssrms New Member

State:
    TN
    Will be out of town this weekend visiting friends in Colorado. Good luck down there. Skips should be a plenty, but it looks like they will be putting out around 20,000 GPS from the turbines. Makes a lot of current and tough catfishing. I'd take a heavier rod and some striper lures with you, you could give Jugger a run for his money!!!

3. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    I have been wanting to go there, what is the best way to get there from Lebanon?

4. Catfish_Scooter

State:
    Tennessee
    Cinder Rd. is the name of the road that leads to the dam. I tried to get it off mapquest and it couldnt find it. So I couldn't tell ya. Can anyone else tell him how to get there from lebanon? Sorry I couldnt help.

5. festus

festus New Member

That's a LOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG trip! All I remember it's in extreme southeast Ohio close to Gallipolis. I have relatives in Cincinnatti and Dayton Ohio and my uncle used to fish over there before he quit driving.

6. Catfish_Scooter

State:
    Tennessee
    were referring to Old hickory dam festus LOL!

7. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use ole TOM TOM to get me there..Lebanon pike to old hickory,then rt on industrial rd, lft onto swinging bridge rd the right onto cinder.I think thats right..I found it written down in my lil note book I carry.

8. Catfish_Scooter

State:
    Tennessee
    My bro has one of those... they are truly a saving grace. Les can you make it down there? I am darn sure gonna go for some striper action.. got several bucktails im gonna toss.

9. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Not sure yet what my plans are..I haven't been there in a while..I kinda stay away from there because of the vandals that hang around there..You can't see your vehicle from the river and I hate to leave my truck where I can't see it..Heard many horror stories about that area and the jackballs that hang around there..

10. Catfish_Scooter

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah it's fairly safe in the daylight.. just at night it's not. My dad had his truck broken into there one night and he got his stereo system stolen and everything. Tools from his toolbox.:angry:

11. festus

festus New Member

:eek:oooh: Oh pardon me AJ, I'm getting a little too technical in my old age!! :smile2: I'd been seeing many posts and threads in here about OH Dam and was wondering what the heck would people down that way be driving to Ohio when they had such wonderful water in Tennessee. :big_smile: :smile2:

12. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Pickens were a little slim below the OH dam the two days I went. I fished the hend side and caught one. Talked to a guy down there he said he fished the day before for 4hrs and only caught one.:sad2: Not trying to bust any bubbles or anything and I did not fish the old hickory side either. I also did not spend a day down there. My time was limited. I hope you catch em. Let me know how you do. Hope you guys do better than I did.
    Good luck.