PLANNING AN OZARKS SNAGGIN TRIP~HELP!!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by SpoonieKing, Oct 3, 2008.

1. SpoonieKing

SpoonieKing New Member

State:
    STL Missouri
    Whats up everybody. I am planning a huge snaggin trip October 17 18 19th somewhere near Lake of the Ozarks. The primary reason for this trip is SNAGGIN!! I need a 50 + pounder to close out the year! I will be using a 15 ft ugly stick and also a 12ft one. both reels are baitrunners, and roughly 65 lb braided spiderwire. Now I know most of you dont snag from the bank but I need help as to where to go and where I can camp. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A SPOT TO SNAGG SOME BIGGUNS WITH CAMPING NEARBY? THANKS
    ~SPOONIEKING

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Uhh...

The fall paddlefish snagging season is on the Mississippi River only.

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    The season for here is March 15th thru April 30th Walter for spoonbill.

4. SpoonieKing

SpoonieKing New Member

State:
    STL Missouri
    So is there anywhere near there that I can snag in the fall season. Where is this Truman Lake that everybody is speaking of.

5. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri

No there isn't. If you look on page 66 of the Wildlife Code you will find that the fall season is on the Mississippi River and runs from September 15 through December 15th.

Most of Truman is near Warsaw. The snagging end of Truman is Osceola. Hope this helps.

6. Propshredder

Propshredder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Walter if you really want to snag this time of year the only thing you could snag legally is Asian Carp and that would be on the Missouri River.

7. SpoonieKing

SpoonieKing New Member

State:
    STL Missouri
    well i know that the missouri side at chain of rocks is still available to snag...are there any other areas. Also im assumming that this Osceola doesnt honor the fall season either? do yall know of any good places along the mississippi where I can camp, snag and not really be bothered by too many people...preferably a small town or resort.

8. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    I don't know, but around lake ozark, truman and many other places here in Mo the season lasts from March 15th through April 30th.

9. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    That is correct...Osceola is a little town that is next to Truman Lake South of Clinton 30 or so miles on 13 hwy. There is a ramp or two in the general area. Lots of spring snagging.

10. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    All of the Osage River is closed to fall snagging in Missouri. You can snag on the Missouri River and small creeks for nongame fish, but can't keep any spoonbill. The only fall snagging for spoonbill is on the Mississippi and I'd say below Alton Dam is about your only bet from the bank.