Planning a visit from Ohio

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by JKrupp, Dec 21, 2008.

1. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How we doing men? A few buddies and I (a group of 5 or 6 of us) have been planning a trip down to fish Lake Marion sometime in February and shake the winter off. We are looking at staying in Manning and we are planning a guided trip the first day then renting a boat and fishing on our own for the following day. Are the fish still on in the end of February? And do you guys have any recomendations on good guide services around that area and good pontoon rentals around there as well. We are shooting to come down the 19 -22nd or the 26-1st. Any info you guys have would be appreciated.

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Give old Roundhill a call and he will put you on the bigguns. Febuary should be on fire for cats.

3. zmany2k

zmany2k New Member

State:
    APG, MD
    you'll have fun down there. I know I did.

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yeah we know how to treat you Ohio boys.:big_smile:

5. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Santee with Roundhill is the best.

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Call BOC member Roundhill....and yes, he even takes Yankees out...LOL!!!

Seriously, welcome to the Carolinas and have a good time. Captain Ron Howard will take care of you, and if he is booked he will hook you up with someone almost as well qualified!!!

Here is his website and number: http://santeewithroundhill.com/

7. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just wanted to thank all who responded to this thread with useful information in planning my trip down. This is one of the reasons I love the BOC, so many catmen willing to share their knowledge and help a fellow brother out. We will be down chasing blues around lake Moultrie with Roundhill Feb. 27 and Feb 28th so good luck until then brothers.