Planning a trip....

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by whisker maniac, Jun 28, 2009.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I'm planning on making another trip up to Dam #5 while I'm off for the shutdown where I work... I will be off from the 1st thru the 6th and plan on going one of those days but not sure yet as to what day. My wife informed me that she will be off the 3rd, 4th, and 5th so hopefully it will be one of those days and she will be able to come with me.

I plan on leaving here real early as I would love to get there as early as possible and try and catch some skips first and then go catfishing.

Anyone that would like to come and join us just come on.

I will let everyone know for sure what day we will be coming later as soon as I find out.

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    OK KEV ,in other words when the BOSS [wife ] tells you when yall are going; you can tell everyone else ,[be truthful about it now ] :wink::smile2:

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    kev i might be there if ya gonna stay all night but i cant handle these triple digets in the day time.

4. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    P.S.guess i could bring my tent and my generator,and my ac.

5. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    kev let me know when , im working graveyard and i might beable to meet you for a couple of hours. Johnnie im not sure if there is a spot to set up camp but im not sure .

6. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Yeah I know what ya mean about the triple digits Johnnie.... I wasn't planning on staying all day as the heat would be too much but, I was planning on leaving here real early and getting there as early as I could and then fish for some skips and then for cats. Probably fish to about noon or 1pm and then call it quits cause of the heat.

Would hate to try that place at night closer to the dam with all those rocks... someone would fall and really get hurt.... I wouldn't want to encourage anyone to try that. If we fished down stream a little at night that wouldn't be bad but I bet the skeeters would be ferocious there at night. But that would be a good time to try out that listerine to repel them skeeters.:eek:oooh::wink:

7. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    lol I am off Friday and DH said ya might get up there early. He said my pond is about right so I reckon I really need to check it out. I need to find them weights like i normally do around my spot. Early is good or late but now the river is going down there are some good trees to get under that make a huge difference....i reckon you and DH touched base this morning when i left for work. he of course was not hear when i got in, got to love 2nd shift! LOL but Since no spot to park a camper is around for 100 miles look like we are bank buddies where ever they are biting for the weekend. LOL Well sleeping in my own bed does sound mightly better.

8. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    A couple weeks ago we went down there and fished at night and the skeeters was not too bad. Not sure about right now. I know there is some light up by the dam at night.

You just let me know what you are going to do. I will be there as far as I know right now.

Is there a good spot there to catch skips? I have never tried for skips at 5!

9. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Newt,

Sometimes you can catch em up by the dam in the corner but Ray tells me they are slow. But that is one reason I wanted to go there and go early so I could catch some skips and hopefully have some left over to bring back home with me.

10. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Well folks there has been some changes to my plans....

I found out yesterday that my wife's schedule has changed and she will have to work Friday the 3rd so we decided to plan for Saturday morning and so far are still planning on being there as early as possible but.... today my grandson got airlifted to little rock. So just depends on what goes on there to whether we have to totally cancel or not... but more than likely I may have to cancel.

Will keep everyone informed here on this thread.

11. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sorry bout that kev but family,specialy babys,always come fore fishing.still praying for the little one.

12. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    got a report....

Daughter in law called the hospital this morning and they say they have to problem under control and Grandson may get to come home today or tomorrow.

Will post later tonite if I hear more and we decide to continue our plans on the fishing trip.

13. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Everything is a go on the trip for Saturday... We plan to leave out from here around 4 am.. that should easily get us there by around 5:30 am Saturday morning.

14. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Kevin, I will be there as far as I know. Myself and Trisha are planning a cookout and fireworks with the kids Saturday evening. If any of ya"ll that show up to fish want to come on down to the house, your welcome at my home anytime. :wink: