Planning a trip to Bartlett this weekend.

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by AZflats, Aug 28, 2006.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I have attached a photo of my boat. Anyone sees me out there stop by and say howdy!!
    * I will fish the Dam area ths Saturday night.
    * Good luck to all who go!

Attached Files:

2. jaytee

jaytee New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hello, I plan to go to barlett this weekend. Friday or Saturday, would you know if Barlett Rd. will take directly to the dam area. I will be fishing from the bank and my map shows Bartlett Rd. ends at a campground and is next to the dam. I tried going last Friday and the road was closed. Hopefully the road will be repaired ,and there is still a spot or two for me,I am expecting a large crowd since it will be a holiday weekend.Thanks in advance for any advice, James.

3. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    The only luck I have had, or heard of anybody having is not where you can walk to...
    * James,
    If you are going to fish Saturday night, I can give you a lift to a good spot to bank fish and pick you up Sunday morning.
    * Let me know and we can work something out.
    ~ Take care!

4. ike whitson

ike whitson New Member

State:
    ariz/northwest
    Andy,
    I'm not sure where we are going,but if we make it to bartlett we'll look you up.I talked to the ranger up there today about the road.He claim's the road should open on Wed.,so, I asked if they were going to fix it to withstand the next storm."Well" he said,"I have had heard rumor's to that effect,but," and we both laughed, as we realize it is Maricopa county doing the job after all.:big_smile: :big_smile:Anyhow, check the road as a storm is suppose to show up around Wed./night.If thing's work out we look forward to saying HI! And would be glad to help out Jaytee also. Catch a BIGUN!!!!!!!! IKE

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Hopefully the storm hits early this week and dissapates before the weekend.

* If the road is damaged again before the weekend:crazy: , I will go to Roosie.

* A few months back, I got on the water Saturday afternoon just as a big storm went by. The massive cell went over the river arm and just west of the main lake. I was fishing the main lake area near the dam so I did not even get a drop.. Had a great night of fishing and spent the following Sunday on the water by myself.. I had no idea why there were not anyother boats on the water untill I left later in the afternoon. The storm had damaged the road preventing folks from entering.. I passed over the damaged road and saw the cars linned up waiting to get in..
    * Poor guys.
    :big_smile:

6. jaytee

jaytee New Member

State:
    arizona
    Thanks for the reply Andy. I will keep your offer in mind when I confirm if I will be there on Fri night or Sat night. Also thanks to Ike for offering to help me out as well. Either way being at the lake beats staying at home, I cant loose. Take care, James.

7. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    You got it buddy. Let me know if I can help.
    ~ I will check this post Friday evening for the last time, I will probably leave early Saturday morning.. (Weather permitting.)
    Take care.

8. jaytee

jaytee New Member

State:
    arizona
    Andy, I will be there Sat. evening. I plan on being there most of the night, just not overnight. If you have the time give me a call. Ill be going to Lynxx lake on Fri for a day trip, going to give channels a try there for the first time. Maybe ill have some good news on Sat. Thanks and take care, James.

9. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Alright dude. If I am at Bartlett on Saturday I'll give you a ring to see if you need a good spot.
    * Good luck at Lynx, I was there last weekend but could not figure out what the trout wanted...
    * Hope you do well with the cats. Take your camera.
    Later~

10. jaytee

jaytee New Member

State:
    arizona
    Yesssss! my schedule worked out just right so I was able to take an evening trip to Bartlett with my sidekick Lee. We were fishing a cove and I had a bright idea to try the other side where we parked our vehicles. Just a few minutes later my rod launches from its position and I grab it just in time from keeping it from being a permanent lake bottom decoration. After a brief tug of war I landed my first Flathead. It measured 29.5 inches and was 11 pounds. I know there are larger but to me it was huge, no dought the largest cat I ever had on the other end of the line. And to top it off I was using nightcrawlers. Since things were going well I went through with my plans and spent the afternoon at Lynnxx. A few hours later I had two cats, both were decent and were about 8 pounders. Just had to share my moments with those who understand. Im convinced I scared the campers at Bartlett when I pulled that Flathead to the bank, Im sure all the excitement scared the fish too.

11. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    Jaytee, I'm going out to Bartlett on Tuesday afternoon and I'm going to fish all night. I'll have the boat if you want to join me.I'm also going to go next weekend.

12. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona

Nice Job James!!!
    ~ Welcome to the addiction..

13. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I went out last night and managed to get two flattys 11lbs and 13lbs.. Both were caught on carp.
    ^ Great night~ My buddy and I had well over a dozen runs which were missed/lost in the rocks. I had a couple fish break off in the rocks which were simply huge... I found a great new area.. i just need to figure out the best way to fish it without loosing so many fish...

A~

Attached Files:

14. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    good job flats. Sounds like Bartett has the best flathead fishing in the state this year...