planing a trip to Grand Lake June 27-30

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by seaark ryan, Jun 23, 2008.

1. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I am thinking about about making a trip down to Grand Lake from Topeka KS and was wondering if it would be worth the time and gas. I am interested in catching catfish but wasn't sure if your spawn was over or if high water was going to be a problem. Has anybody been doing any good? Also what would be a good area the lake to start at? I plan on staying at the State Park in Grove and will be fishing out of a boat. Thanks for any help!

2. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    yeah, i've been doing good, give me a holler then and i'll show you where i'll be fishing then, but i can just tell you it won't be anywhere near grove

3. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks for the reply. What part of the lake do you think I should fish. I am mostly interested in blues. I also don't mind making a 25 mile or so trip to get into some good fish. Thanks for any help!

4. catdaddy10

catdaddy10 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    we caught them off any rock structure until the middle of July

5. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    sorry for the late reply, i haven't been around any internet access lately, roughn it in the back woods to long, anyhow's come on down to the grand river, i live right off the of the bluffs below little blue, well get ya in the right area's