Planer bobbers???

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Catfish-fever, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Has anyone here ever used a planer bobber? Is there something similar I can buy in a store? I don't have a boat so I am stuck shore fishing and there are some spots I think I can target with one of the planers.

2. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hear ya! i am also curious about this....ive seen em picked em up but was unsure so set them back down....I am really going to be excited to hear about others experience with these!

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have some, I just have not been able to really hit the water when conditions are good to use them. I know those things would be very productive for blue cats. And it seems they would work awesome if there was just a little bit of current. Everytime I have tried them there has either been 0 current, or way to much. I am still going to experiment with these, I think they have alot more to offer to catfish anglers than many would think..I just am not sure how useful they would be to someone fishing from the bank..Could prove to be very difficult if not impossible..

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I was just thinking about this, it may be possible to use them from the bank at a dam. Alot of times you have the huge eddies caused by the rushing water, the problem would be being able to get the planer board out past the current thats hitting the bank. Kind of like a surfer trying to get over the reef if that makes since. I saw some on youtube that this guy made for catfishing. The other types of planer boards really cannot be casted very far, these you could actually cast.

5. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah, those are the ones I am talking about. He calls them a planer bobber. They are much less expensive than a planer. They are castable. In one of his videos he uses one from shore and they seem to hold in pretty heavy current.

6. Hellbilly

Hellbilly New Member

State:
    nc
    I have been trying to decide if I should order a pair, havent heard much about them other than from the guy selling them.
    I would like to use them for troiling. mabie someone will try them and let us know. I found a side planer that look like it would work good from the bank it is a Luhr Jensen® Hot Shot® Side Planer™ bass pro shops had it but I think it is discontinued. I'm sure a Google search would find you one.

7. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
  8. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio