Planer Bobbers.. Whats the Hype

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by pabloracer4748, Aug 8, 2009.

1. pabloracer4748

pabloracer4748 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ive seen alot about planer bobbers and Im a little curious about them. It seems to me that its basically just a bobber shaped so it cuts through the water better. I have always just used your run of the mill bobber if any at all. what is so great about these things?:eek:oooh:

2. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Don't know exactly what you mean by "plainer bobbers" but I use a cigar float and the reason I use it is cause the fish aint always on the bottom plus bobbers work great in the heavy cover that cats favor..

3. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah ive always thought the "cigar" bobbers were planers myself.. anyhow i use em sometimes when i fish ponds. Seems the channels will react steadily with em just above the bottom.

4. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    i don't know how "new" they are , but i haven't found anyone yet that has used one ....... so , either they are no good or they are very new to the market ..... google "planer bobber" and u can see how they work .............. directional floats that run left or run right in current , either behind a boat or from the bank in current ........................

5. BulBob

BulBob Guest

6. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    seems like they would be something to use while slow trolling on the lake or spreading lines out on the river, but I don't know how good they would work on the river other than catch some snags,lol. maybe use them like a plainer board only at a lot lower speed?