Plan...

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Arojekt, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Arojekt

Arojekt New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Alright, so of our little trio, there's Alex, Nick (striker52) and myself. The original plan was to tackle Jordan Lake this weekend with a camp set up and cook what we catch deal with trot lines, rods, and the whole set up.

Unfortunately for Alex, who is fifteen, he can't go because his parents don't think that it's a good idea to let him go with two seniors in High School... So yeah. Our plan has changed. In light of this little obstacle, Alex's father has opted to take us fishing where ever in North Carolina we choose, pay for rent at a local hotel, and cook whatever we catch...

We need a great location. I always thought of Lake Norman, but I never really took the time to analyze how far that is from Cary. I don't want to be unreasonable in suggestions, but I want to also get some great fishing in...

I need your help guys, to determine a nice body of water to fish in for some cats for eatin'! We have more experience in lakes, although I can't imagine rivers being much different other than it moves...

Thanks for the help!

2. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    There are some good lakes near you but if a new location is what you want Badin is just over 2 hrs from you. Has some decent bank fishing behind the dam, some primative camping, and 7-10lbs catfish would surly be caught.

3. flatheadfisher

flatheadfisher New Member

State:
    NC
    Do you have a boat?

4. Arojekt

Arojekt New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    We have a canoe that can fit the three of us in it. It's a relatively large canoe, with a motor that Alex's family fixed onto it somehow... all I know is that it works, although I've never seen it in action or used it before.

We don't know if we're able to take the boat or not, that's still kind of in the air until later this week.

5. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Try NUTBUSH area on Kerr Lake. You can fish the Nutbush bridge Catwalk and it is an easy run up I-85 to get there.

6. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    kerr lake...

you can cast to the deep river channels from the bank in allot of spots....

7. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    Arojekt

since you live in Cary...it would be easier to follow capital blvd.(US1) all the way to 39...make a left on to 39..it will take you right to Nutbush you will have to make a few more turns but just follow the signs...i have been making that trip to kerr lake every other weekend all winter long...

8. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Yep Blaze you are right!! Didnt think about Cary.