places to stay around deep bottom?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by DH84, Dec 7, 2009.

1. DH84

DH84 New Member

State:
    Eastern NC
    if the weather holds out for the weekend im gonna head up and do some fishing out of deep bottom. Anyone know of some good hotels near the ramp? I dont want a run down joint where i need to sleep with one eye open but we dont need a hilton either. Just somewhere easy to find from the ramp and where the boat will be safe at night.

2. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    hwy 10 is expensive. We went to the airport area and stayed at a hotel 6 for $4o. It had plenty parking in the back and we had no issues. The Richmond area is not a cheap place to stay. I used to travel for work up in that area and have stayed at numerous places on hwy 10 and airport/sandston area.

3. stringbean

stringbean New Member

State:
    va
    neil renouf has a pretty nice place just down the road from the ramp look himup at olddominionoutdoors.com

4. Steve Knox

Steve Knox Active Member

State:
    Richmond, Virginia
    Name:
    Steve
    Be careful where you stay close to the Richmond airport. Some of the hotels are less than desireable. It takes local knowledge to know where to stay out there. The national chains are probably ok. But they aren't cheap.

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I-T-B !!! (In the boat) :wink:

BB in SC

6. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    I drove by his place today. He's close to the ramp, located on route 5 four miles? or so from the turnoff to Deep Bottom. Neil is a guide and can give you pointers to boot. I bought his James River Fishing DVD 7-8 years ago and it got me hooked. Look him up on Google

eberly country store and Old dominion outdoors. Neil Renouf .

7. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    thats a great idea bill im with you

8. DH84

DH84 New Member

State:
    Eastern NC
    I checked out his website and his least expensive room is $70, wouldnt be bad at all if i had a couple buddies with me to split it but it looks like the next trip i make up there is just gonna be me and the mrs, so i need to find something a little cheaper.

can you give me directions from the ramp to that motel 6 big bird?