Places To Look For Boats

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Blade4130, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Hi Everyone,

Besides here, ebay and craigslist. What are some other places to look for used boats in Missouri by internet, etc? I remember way back there used to be a auto and boat trader monthly mag. I haven't found it anyplace so maybe it's not around anymore. Any help would be much appreciated. .

2. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Don--check out a place called iboats. I think the website is iboats.com
    When i was looking I seem to remember they had a lot of boats listed there new/used and across the nation.

Good luck in your search. Keep us all posted.

3. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    The Auto Trader here has gone digital. You can only get it online. I would think that would be (autotrader dot com)

4. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    You might check out the boat show. This time of year you can really get some good deals.

5. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
  6. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    I sold my last boat in three dyas to a couple from OK.
    I used www.Boatcrazy.com , it is a central US market.

7. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Good link, Its just the midwest region

8. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    Thanks for all the input guys. I have some new places to look around. I am going to the boat show this week. Almost had a boat over the weekend from a guy in springfield, but somebody drove down from wichita with cash in hand and beat me to it : ( Another one new or used will come my way again soon : )

9. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Look at site mash, or jaxed.xom, it combines all the craigslist and ebay listing so you can look up seark, and see all the searks, by state, larger area ie midwest, or the whole united states. Thats how I found mine.

Chad

10. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    Cool, Thanks Chad. Thanks a bunch guys for all the info on different sites. Found a few different boats I am interested in already. What do some of you guys think of Yamaha motors? There were a couple G3's that I know are nice boats, but don't know much about smaller yamaha motors. Keep the link commin and thanks again for all the input:Happy:

11. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    G3's are great boats, had one before i went to a Deep V, the Yamaha's I have nothing but good things to say about them, know a lot of guys who have them, and they do the bare minimum maintainence on them and they are still going strong.

12. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I have a 95 Yamaha 50/35 jet drive that fires up with just a few cranks. I've had great luck with it. Grumper is a big fan of Yamaha motors as well. He went with a 150hp Yamaha 4 stroke on his Seaark when everybody else was going with Suzuki.

13. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

A friend at work has a Yamaha.
    I been looking at a Yamaha, to replace my 98 force motor.
    I have been told they are the lower maintainence outboard.

Hope to see you on the water, this year Don.
    I did not go on that trip last year, I started teaching at the MCC, at that time.

14. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    good post. my truck is paid off in a year and a half and ill be in the market for a new boat also

15. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I have a 150 Yammie 4 stroke that is almost 4 years old now. NO PROBLEMS. Only problem I had, I hit a dike and bent the prop shaft. I know a bunch of people running Yammies and not one of them complain at all.

16. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm running a Suzuki right now but had absolutely no complaints with the Yamaha I had on my last boat. I honestly believe that now days there is very little difference between the motors the top three companies are putting out. Yes folks will express otherwise, and some may have had a bad experience that taints their view, but in my opinion it is a pie vs. cake question.

17. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    I knew the big yamaha motors were good and figured the smaller under 100 horse class should be as well. All the G3's seem to come with them. It's going to be a fight between bass tracker or slightly pricier G3. Soon I will have one. I didn't go on that trip down to the Osage as well Steve. Damn I forgot your name already <lol> but hang in there and you will have that boat in no time. Nothing wrong at all fishing from the bank. Still, it is going to be nice being a boat owner again. Man I am looking forward to this year of fishing:Happy::Happy::Happy:

18. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Everything I own is always for sale. How much you willing to spend. :cowboy:

19. Blade4130

State:
    Independence MO
    Depends on what you have and how much your wanting for it.