Places to fish from bank?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by iFish, Mar 26, 2008.

1. iFish

iFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Does anyone have any suggestions of where to catch some catfish from the bank at Milford? I live in Manhattan and dont know when I will be able to fish, or for how long usually :confused2:, so something close is best. Thanks ahead of time...

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I cant help ya but Im sure Jim will be by shortly with all you could ever want to know.

3. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Welcome to the BOC Cole
    You will get/find all the info your wanting just stay tuned.

Good luck fishing in 08

4. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    In Milford almost any place you can get to the water is good . I like the west end of the lake .Timber creek, and North shore areas are good

5. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc:big_smile:

6. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    nice flathead good job dafin980463:cool2:

7. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    I would have to agree with dafin. Although I have only been to Milford a few times, we had pretty good luck at about every place that we have fished. My brother is at Ft. Riley, and I always go with him, so I am not familiar with roads and such, or I would let you know where we have been. Nest time I talk to him I will try to get some locations and repost.

8. Orlando

Orlando New Member

State:
    kansas
    I've caught quite a few early or late in the day off the bank on the south side of FlagStop resort which is on the south edge of Milford.
    I've also seen quite a few caught on Nudie Beach (in the cove just south of Milford where all the party boats park). I've fished there when there have been boats stacked two deep for a hundred yards and people everywhere. I think the fish come to see what all the ruckus is about. Didn't catch anything real big there...but the place does have a lot of entertainment value!

9. Orlando

Orlando New Member

State:
    kansas
    Clarification= I was talking about the town of Milford on the east side of the lake.

10. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Jim's backyard is a good place to fish from the bank. restroom is handy and the bankside service is awesome. just take an air horn and i'll give ya the signal codes for what you may need :wink::smile2:

11. iFish

iFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Okay, I like the idea of anywhere being productive... It doesnt really matter to me that much if they are huge or not, I just like catching fish :big_smile: And pretty much the closer the spots are to Manhattan, the more likely I will fish there. Lol, the backyard does sound pretty inviting...