Places to Fish around the Pratt Area

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by jrsmith_80, Sep 25, 2009.

1. jrsmith_80

jrsmith_80 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hey guys I am new to this site and also new to the Pratt area. I was wondering if someone could give some idea of where to fish besides Pratt Lake. I seem to have horrible luck there and always leave empty handed, beside the little perch that my kids catch. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    First you can go out east of town and go to the Hatchery and ask them about the waters in the area. But Kingman state lake is little bit of a drive from wear your at but it could be worth a shot. I know there are some smaller river access points down your way also.

Hope this helps

Later,
    Chris

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Jeremy good luck fishing an Welcome to the BOC!

4. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    WELCOME TO THE BOC, I GUESS CHENEY LAKE IS THE CLOSEST T YOU THATS STILLA GOOD DRIVE, MAN ITS TUFF TO FISH WEST OF WICHITA NOT MANY PLACESTO GO, I HAVE FISHED THE KINGMAN LAKE ITS OK BUT NOT THE BEST.

5. jrsmith_80

jrsmith_80 New Member

State:
    Kansas

I am finding this out real quick, I am originally from the Newton area where I had quite a few options. Fishing out here is a real pain, there just isnt much.

6. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    I caught many a fish out of harvey county east lake and used to crappie fish down town by the fair grounds on sand creek, tell me about the motor RWG

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC from Missouri Jeremy.

8. 257bob

257bob New Member

State:
    Salina, Kansas
    I know about western ks fishing, I grew up in Liberal. You just have to get over the fact that its gonna be an hour or more likely two to find good water. We fished clark state lake and Coldwater city lake. Used to do pretty good on clark for bass and catfish. Coldwater was good for hybrids.

9. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
  10. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Ray the flat heads are far few between now. But the channel cat fishing can be great around the feeders and off the the man made rock points. Prepared baits and home made baits will produce cats in many sizes. I have fished that lake with my father for years.

11. jrsmith_80

jrsmith_80 New Member

State:
    Kansas

Its a pro stock motor I hope to have one day in my drag car. Its a 500 CI dry sump motor pushing upwards of 1300-1400 HP.

Its a long shot but you have to dream big I guess.

12. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Welcome to the B.O.C. Nice engine you got there. I dont know the answer to your question, but I do know I love Harvey County East too.

13. stubhub

stubhub New Member

State:
    mulvane
    maybe put a post up on craigslist, might find some private water somewhere someone will let you fish or someone knows of creeks or rivers we don't know of. worst thing that happens is you waste 5 minutes, and it sounds like you've done that at pratt