Places to catfish within about 2 hours from Rolla Mo

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by BajaCoop, Jun 26, 2007.

1. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I am going to be going back to school in Rolla Mo at the end of July. I have gotten hooked on this catfishing stuff and was wondering what my best options for trips would be from August until May. Bagnell dan is about 1.5 hours, Truman about 2 or the Mississippi betwenn festus and St. Louis in around 2.

any input on this would be great as far as what places would be good at one times.

2. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    I WOULD FISH TRUMAN TAILRACE. UNLESS YOU HAD A BOAT THEN FISH TRUMAN LAKE.

3. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    Your only a little over 1 hour away from the lower Osage just east of Jefferson City or the Missouri at Jefferson City.
    Your even closer to the Gasconade, but I'm not sure how the catfishing is.

4. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I live about 40 minutes north on 63 and East down 28 a bit. We can get together some time and go do some fishing on the Osage and Missouri if you would like.

The Mariosa Access on the Osage River wouldn't be too far for you. Just head north on 63 till you hit 50 and then head Westbound on 50 for a few minutes and you're there. A little farther and you can get to Bonnots Mill, which is right by the mouth of the Osage where it enters the Missouri. That's the area that Virgil Agee fishes alot and has hauled in some monsters.

5. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hey Ed... small world. I am actually finishing up school in Rolla myself this coming fall semester. What's your major? I haven't gotten in alot of catfishing at school in the past years, alot of deer and turkey hunting though. I would like to try the area out for catfishing though, I got a 14 ft jon boat just recently that I'm planning on taking back to school with me... maybe we can get some lines wet sometime. I don't really have anyone to fish with around there and my boat is just about perfect for two to fish out of. As far as good places to fish around there... they say its great for trout and smallmouth bass (although I haven't been out enough to prove it). But there are a few places like the other guys said around and they do require a little bit of driving. I'd like to try out some of the rivers around Rolla just for kicks... and then if it requires it, then maybe go up north a little to where the catfishing is good.