Places to bank fish in Missouri

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by pinto, May 20, 2006.

1. pinto

pinto New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I live in Warrensburg MO, and was wondering some good places to bank fish in the surronding area. If anyone knows please help. Also wish I had a boat!

2. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    You can come fish in my pond:tounge_out: I know I promised I wouldn't reply to this but couldn't help it.

3. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I see both of you are here in the 'Burg. I'd be happy to get together and go over a map or two. There are a lot of good locations within an hour's drive.

4. pinto

pinto New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the reply me and my partner fryguy would love to know some great places to bank fish for big cats! Just let me know you number or what ever will be more easier for you. Just message me back with what you want to do.

Thanks

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    You can do OK on Truman Lake down by Windsor Crossing, south of Windsor.

As you drive south past Windsor Crossing, there's a bar/motel on the right. Turn on that road and follow it to the water. Plenty of nice places to fish. I wouldn't go down there with a car though - you'll need a truck.

Also on 7 Hwy about 5 or 10 miles west of Clinton there are 3 or 4 bridges in a row that you can fish under.

Study the Google satellite maps of the area and you can probably find more places to try... This URL shows Windsor Crossing: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Windsor,+MO&ll=38.360806,-93.541288&spn=0.02443,0.053902&t=h&om=1

6. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't know what size fish you are trying to find, but Hazel Hill (north on 13 about halfway to Higginsville) and Maple Leaf (West on I-70 access road from Higginsville) are decent for channel cats of eating size. Hazel Hill cats can be caught at any time of the day, though night is best. I haven't caught a Maple Leaf during the day, but the bass hit those live bluegill really well too. I used to catch my bait with a net or ultra-light pole with a bit of worm (and I tell you what, catching a 6# channel on 4# test line is FUN!). Usually I used bluegill (I prefer live, but cut works some too) but when I could get it, I would use the large shiners that I caught (up to 11"). Those would catch anything when cut for bait, even largemouth bass.

7. MAGICMAN

MAGICMAN New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    Hi, I'm Also Looking For Some Good Places To Go Bank Fishing. I Leave Up By Kci Airport