places near terra haute

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by fbjb4, Mar 26, 2009.

1. fbjb4

fbjb4 New Member

State:
    wyoming
    lookin for a little help for my son. he moved to terra haute last summer to go to school at indiana state. just wondering about a direction he can go to ponder the good things in life while waitin on a hog. any info would be good info thanks

2. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    if you find out let me know, I go to DePauw about 40 minutes from ISU and need some places to fish....and a buddy to fish with.

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I assume he is looking for bank fishing locations close to downtown. He can try the ramp , docks, and banks at Fairbanks Park, within walking distance of ISU campus. He may be able to walk down to the area under the I-40 bridge, even closer to campus.

4. shoot2thrill25

shoot2thrill25 New Member

State:
    TH, Indiana
    I go to ISU too, if he is wanting a big one then the wabash at fairbanks park will be his closest bet. Howclose areyou looking for time wise. Cause there are several other good spors within a short drive.

5. fbjb4

fbjb4 New Member

State:
    wyoming
    i think he is up for about anything. he is really busy right now but later in the month i bet he would drive a ways to go ill talk to him some more and see what he says

6. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    well gary if he is in school, im betting he has access to a computer.. tell him to get his butt on here, and introduce himself.. im quite sure theres someone near him that would be glad to get him out and put him on some fish.. :wink:

welcome to the BOC!

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    My brother went to ISU and I would visit him on some weekends from IU and we would go fishing at Turtle Creek Reservior in Sullivan, IN. The place is over run with stunted channel cats.

We fished a cove in the spring with shiners under abobber and did very well with channel cats up to 10lbs and largemouth bass up to 5lbs.

You could go fish the Wabash around there if you can handle that stench that lingers in the Terre Haute air.:smile2::tounge_out::wink:

8. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    What stench? Obviously you have never been to Decator Illinois. :smile2:

9. fbjb4

fbjb4 New Member

State:
    wyoming
    thanks you guys for the help. im sure its info he will use when he gets time later in the spring. im on him about gettin on here and askin a few questions himself.