places in ne ohio for giant flathead catfish

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by cantonjim, Mar 22, 2009.

1. cantonjim

cantonjim New Member

State:
    ohio
    hi i'm new to catfishing and would like to catch a monster flat.i'm from ne ohio in canton and i was wondering if anyone could tell me where around here to catch my first monster flathead.only thing i have ever caught was a few bullheads let me know some close places please and if anyone want to take me and teach me i would like like to catch some big fish.:smile2::cool2:

2. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    ive got 30 and 40 lb flatties outta the tuscrawas river that runs through new philly if that helps

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    James, there are plenty of places close to where you reside to catch monster flatheads. The MWCD Lakes are a great start. The Ohio River out of Steubenville is another. The Tusky River like mentioned has a good supply of flatheads. Or if you wanna travel south alittle more... The Muskingum River is a good place to fish as well.. You may have to travel alittle, but if wanting to chase flatheads, your gonna put some time in it anyways!:wink: Goodluck in your pursuit! rollo

4. rich crabtree

rich crabtree New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey jim, i grew up in massillon as a kid , get a hold of me and i will try and heplu out some , there s good bass and cat fishing up there :cool2: