Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Do you prefer OEM parts or are aftermarket parts (ie.-Sierra,Attwood, etc.) OK

Several places to get aftermarket parts but most places sell Evinrude/Johnson parts for list price plus shipping (including direct from shop.evinrude.com) so you might as well go to a dealer and order them and let them pick up the shipping costs. If an internet dealer doesn't knock down the price by 10% you end up paying more because of the shipping.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I get all my stuff from MarinePartsPlus.com. They have schematics of the motors so you can see the parts you need. Their prices are reasonable and they carry stuff for old motors too.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I get all my stuff from MarinePartsPlus.com. They have schematics of the motors so you can see the parts you need. Their prices are reasonable and they carry stuff for old motors too.
They are great for Mercury/Mariner/Force parts but they don't carry Evinrude/Johnson stuff. I used them last summer for gaskets when I cracked the reed block on my '76 Merc 20HP.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
here's place i was sent to by Willard to get parts for my engine.
http://www.marineengine.com/
gary
I like them. Iboats is good too.

Used parts? I dunno. I don't think I'd want a used starter. Maybe they are repairable? If you google for the specific part number sometimes you come up with a bunch of choices.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well ordered a new one yesterday... Told Mommy happy Mothers day... LOL... No just kidding. But I did order one for half what I was getting quoted locally. So thanks to you guy's for the places you told me.. I do appreciate it.. :)
Thanks
BB

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.