Place for lots of white perch on Lake Marion

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfishinsc, Jun 9, 2009.

1. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    Anybody know of any areas in they Wyboo Creek or Potato Creek area where I can catch a lot of white perch (or other bait fish) easily to use for bait? I would prefer a place where I can catch them with a cast net, but if I can catch a good many with rod and reel that would be okay too. We catch some pretty much everywhere we go, just not that many.

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Go to Randolphs Landing,them motor over to where the pretty blue house is on the next point.That is a big sandbar right there that I have caught many Wp and bream on.Cast over by the dock and retrieve back.:big_smile::crazy:

3. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Jim...:crazy: pretty blue house????
    Ans where from Hills down where could you find the bait?

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    JIM ll,he asked where around Wyboo or Potato creek.:smile2::big_smile:potato empties out right there by RL and it is a pretty blue house worth about 500,000$ if not more.Generally you can catch them anywhere in the canal.:smile2:

5. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    We float the canal and catch them ,cast at the bank with a small pinch of worm and use no weight. Let it sink and reel it back real slow, catch bream and white bass.

6. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    I know you can catch a lot in the canal, but I don't want to travel that far. We stay at a house not far from Bob Cooper. We usually just stay and fish in that area. If we decided to go to Moultrie we would definitely stop at the canal to catch some perch for bait.

7. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks to everybody for your replies.