Place close to cumberland city to buy sabikis.

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by BajaCoop, Dec 31, 2008.

1. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Anyone know of any tackle shop close to cumberland city that sells sabiki rigs?

2. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    The times I have been there the skips are really too big for sabiki rigs. Especially if you catch more than 1 at a time. I always use a 2 inch curly tail jig (mostly white). Tie about 3 to 4 on your line and go that way. Just my opinion though. There is a little store about a mile from the steam plant called Busy Bees (I think that is the name) and they sell alot of stuff you will need there. You can even buy your Tenn. fishing license there. They also have some pretty good sausage biscuits.

3. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Yeah i bought my license there last year.

I used some big sabikis last year but i only have little ones left. I did pick up some jigs and will prolly use those if i can't find big sabikis.

4. vaccouple

vaccouple New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Yes Danny is right the last time I was down there Busy Bee had the rigs. If you come though Clarksville Polar Bear on 41a has them too. Good luck and happy new year.

Orrin

5. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    If you cant find what your looking for, try a small to medium size white roostertail with a split shot about 12 to 18 inches up (to give some casting distance). Sometimes I have to tie a knot below the splitshot to keep it from sliding. Ive had really good sucess with this at the Gallatin steam plant.

6. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Ed,
    Danny is rite on with the white curley tail with these you dont go wrong
    have fun catching skips

7. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I agree with this post....good advice!:cool2:

8. Sonny Kemp

Sonny Kemp New Member

State:
    Tn
    Iwas there today and the lady said she hed never heard of them.I was surprised at that.I was mainly just chacking for people wanting to know if they had them.Im also a jig fan and they worked just fine today.Caught a small cooler full on far side in about 2 hrs. 76 to be exact.

9. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I ended up just using jigs. The busy bee was closed and i ended up driving all the way to erin to get a license on thursday.

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    How did you do with the skips. I have had great success using lead head jigs with twister tails; green and while work the best

11. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I caught a bunch.

Filled up a big cooler to bring back on friday.

12. Live2Fish.Fish2Live

Live2Fish.Fish2Live New Member

State:
    Dickson,Tennessee
    I believe someone already mentioned that the Busy Bee which is about 3/4 of a mile from the plant sells them. If you ask the young ladies in there what a Sabiki rig is, they will probably have no idea what you are talking about. Go in the front door,take an immediate right, and if they have any, they will be hanging on the wall on your right. They sell for $1.39 a piece in there and you will need about a 3/8 oz sinker on the bottom of the rig. I hope this helps someone else that is planning a trip to Cumberland City for skippies.
    I would buy more than one rig because when you catch more than one skippie at a time and they pull against each other they will tend to tangle up your rig.